NS Lake Division question

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

NS Lake Division question

Unread post by conrail7695 »

This question is about the NS Lake Division and it effects all Three states (Indiana, Michigan and Ohio) on this message board.

I read this quota...Effective Jan 1st, 2014. The NS Detroit District and Huntington District (DETROIT - BUTLER) will be under control of the Dearborn Division. Along with Oakwood, Milan and Montpelier Yards. Included in this is also the Detroit-SAA.

I would like to know if this information above I have read is true?
THANKS M. SHIREY

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS Lake Division question

Unread post by Doktor No »

One should assume so. Its on a bulletin and until the bulletin is annuled or superceded it is in effect on the date given.
Thats sorta what bulletins are for.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Changes are a coming. Once the Michigan line is completed, Amtrak will take over dispatching on it. The NS Dearborn Disp. will get the entire Huntington Division. Conrail will take over dispatching the Detroit line to M.P. 20 ( or maybe further south, stay tuned for that :wink: ). Delray is also going to be under Conrail's control ( along with some track changes in the interlocking ). With all of these changes the NS dispatcher will have time to focus on the Huntington.

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrail7695 »

Sounds great guys, thanks for the info. The info I got was not a bulletin but was a comment a friend of mine. But yea good to know whats coming down the road.
THANKS M. SHIREY

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Buter is the Lake-Dearborn Division line on the Hutington District although I think for now the entire thing is still dispatched from Ft. Wayne. But once the transfer to Dearborn is done will there be any additional dispatching desks or just some reshuffling?

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiddleMI »

For those of us not as familiar as other with the divisions, does someone have a description or map of each (or could make a quick one)?

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

MiddleMI wrote:For those of us not as familiar as other with the divisions, does someone have a description or map of each (or could make a quick one)?
There is a division map on this page:
http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en ... entry.html

Although it shows Butler to Detroit as Lake ... and the Marion District as Dearborn instead of Lake.