Run Through Power for AA/GLC

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
scaro
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Run Through Power for AA/GLC

Unread post by scaro »

BL2-1843 wrote:
CAT345C wrote:AAR is correct they used to lease the LS&I units in the winter. Somewhere there is a book with photos of the LS&I power on the DT&I. I know the 2501 and 2500 both U25Cs were down as well as a couple of the Alco's based on photographs I have seen published. Even into the 90s it wasn't uncommon to see the LS&I power on WC trains during the winter.
The only time LS&I units were on the Ann Arbor was between December 1st, 1963 and April 1st, 1964. [snip]

I never saw the two U25Cs on the AA and believe they were not on the AA for very long. Not sure either if it was during this late 1963 early 1964 period or some other time.

I have just joined the forum and had a question on how the LS&I U25Cs got down to the DT&I. Particularly in the earlier years (not sure which was the first year they were leased to the DT&I.)

Did they go across on the Ann Arbor ferry, and then get hauled or run under power down to southern Michigan?

Regards, Ben S.

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

Just a question: Are there going to be any more NS-powered trains over the AA/GLC in the future? I know they had plans to do so, but there haven't been any in about a year.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

DetNative
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DetNative »

MiRailProductions wrote:Just a question: Are there going to be any more NS-powered trains over the AA/GLC in the future? I know they had plans to do so, but there haven't been any in about a year.
I was in Ann Arbor in November and there was a northbound NS powered grain train running over the AA tracks. Not sure if you mean something different, but it was NB at about 10 PM.

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

DetNative wrote:
MiRailProductions wrote:Just a question: Are there going to be any more NS-powered trains over the AA/GLC in the future? I know they had plans to do so, but there haven't been any in about a year.
I was in Ann Arbor in November and there was a northbound NS powered grain train running over the AA tracks. Not sure if you mean something different, but it was NB at about 10 PM.
Oh, so they've been sneaking past me. Thanks for your info!
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q