And now for something completely different

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
wagnew0923
Railroadfan...fan

And now for something completely different

Unread post by wagnew0923 »

This is for the railroad workers out there. I know in the nose of most locomotives including the GP 9's and 38's there is a bathroom . In the old F 7's it used to be in the back of the locomotive but now it is in the front.

So my question is, when you are moving and in operation and you gotta go... bad, how do you use the restroom and ensure the safety of the train? Does the conductor take over while you relieve yourself? Or do you have to stop the train on a siding? I just hate to think that the fella or lady before me could not make it to the stop and now the cab is a disaster.

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Re: And now for something completely different

Unread post by Doktor No »

When we had the CP trains on CSX I think the Canadiens (I use the French spelling today eh?) just took a leak out the back door of the cab. The walkway smelled like the monkey island at the zoo. Not nice...yellow snow on the walkway in the winter. I would use the loo in the nose, no big deal.
As for the engineer? NOW you have to stop the train and let him do his thing...with cameras onboard in the cab there will be NO CONDUCTORS running the train, even temporarily anymore...especially if your not dual licensed. Don't get caught, its a federal violation and your subject to heavy fines and now your on camera.
I would usually wait to tinkle when we went into siding then run into the bush. No moose dumpy except in dire emergency for me. Hard to read a magazine whilst sitting in the head in a moving train, besides the lighting sucks.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

GP-35
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP-35 »

If you are lucky enough to have two units (not on a class one railroad), you can get your conductor to run the train and you can go in the trailing unit and do your business in an empty spike keg, and when you are done, throw the keg out the window into the woods! :lol:

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

We got no functional bathrooms at the place I work at but there are a few used pop bottles along the line with yellow liquid in them. I have no idea where they came from. I can say that when the slack runs in you better grip it tight or the walls in the caboose will be wet.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Image[/url]
This happens a lot :-)