GDLK Operations

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.

Re: GDLK Operations

Unread postby 1TrackMind » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Super Chief wrote:According to one source the entire Cleveland pool is being eliminated out of Elkhart in the near future or has already. The reason Gearhart seemed empty is I saw no coil cars, so did the JAIL traffic just disappear or was it rerouted east? So has NS eliminated WBs on the Michigan line to the Elk? I've seen no coil cars on any Elk train in a week now.

Bellevue to Wayne then Jackson.
1TrackMind
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby Super Chief » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:46 am

So coil loads in via Bellevue and empties out via Elk to Elkhart or were those 8 I saw yesterday on 302 Magic Steel as the were covered cars going southbound?
Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby NSSD70ACe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 pm

No sign of a stone train yet but the amount of Amtrak gondolas has doubled to 13 or 14 with an on-board mini excavator and a large piece of MOW equipment on a second track behind the string of gondolas. They appear to be parked on the gravel pit leads.
If the Conductor is in charge of the train, then why is he promoted to Engineer?
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread postby chapmaja » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:35 pm

1TrackMind wrote:
Super Chief wrote:According to one source the entire Cleveland pool is being eliminated out of Elkhart in the near future or has already. The reason Gearhart seemed empty is I saw no coil cars, so did the JAIL traffic just disappear or was it rerouted east? So has NS eliminated WBs on the Michigan line to the Elk? I've seen no coil cars on any Elk train in a week now.

Bellevue to Wayne then Jackson.

'

Looked like a good sized train today east of Chelsea. It was stopped east of Lima Center Rd and Chelsea Grain Company on the single track, likely because they had to were going to switch Chelsea Grain Company on its trip to Jackson. Did not get a car count, but it was 2-3 engines. I did notice some track cars on the train, something I don't recall seeing on the train west to Jackson months before.
chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Previous

Return to Michigan Talk