GDLK Operations

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GDLK Operations

Unread post by PatAzo »

Raildudes dad wrote:
Raildudes dad wrote:Looks like GDLK is operating again. A Standard car has left Elkhart after being there since the 22nd.
It only made it to Schoolcraft. Must be still issues in Kazoo.
Did it move north during the night? 302 often gets left in Three Rivers with the night yard job retrieving it.
NSSD70ACe wrote:

WWMT’s Andy Dominiani put on his Facebook page that they got stopped downtown today by Grand Elk and that they “need to fix this”.
They made Pitcher St. two way years ago.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Yes, made to Kazoo last night.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

Well if Gearharts dried out, Elks behind 5 trains in Elkhart according to my NS sources. Round em up and head em out.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

NS SD40-2 3367 leading 4209 & 4206 north at Schoolcraft this afternoon. Must be a replacement for tipped over one 4125. Long train and one still.sitting at Park but no power.

Waddy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Waddy »

Super Chief wrote:NS SD40-2 3367 leading 4209 & 4206 north at Schoolcraft this afternoon. Must be a replacement for tipped over one 4125. Long train and one still.sitting at Park but no power.
4206 took a crap so 3367 was used to get the train out.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Is 4189 running? How much estimated time will the repair on 4125 be? Was their much internal damage? I saw where a few doors and handrails were damaged.

tryake
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tryake »

image.jpeg
4189 was seen leading 4190, 4017 and an NS unit south out of downtown Kalamazoo on Tuesday 3/6 around 16:30.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Super Chief wrote:Is 4189 running? How much estimated time will the repair on 4125 be? Was their much internal damage? I saw where a few doors and handrails were damaged.
From what I understand, the damage to 4125 was mostly cosmetic due to the low speed of the derailment. AFAIK they are working on getting it usable again.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks for the updates on power.

tryake
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tryake »

What is going on with 4124? It has been sitting at Gearhart for quite some time without any movement. At least it seems to be sitting in the same spot every time I have been past the yard in the last couple weeks.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

tryake wrote:What is going on with 4124? It has been sitting at Gearhart for quite some time without any movement. At least it seems to be sitting in the same spot every time I have been past the yard in the last couple weeks.
A conversion with one of my contacts at Grand Elk after the derailment in February revealed that close to have of their fleet was out of service at that time. Not sure if he was exaggerating or not, but I know at the moment 7030, 4125, 4124 and at least one of the Geeps are OOS.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

So with power being short could be the mechanical forces are shall we say overwhelmed. I know there's 2 in the shed at Gearhart who do the daily maintenance such as filters, lube oil, water and bulbs. How many are at Hughart? 4009 & 4017 are always 503s power of late. Watco should be taking notice some units can't wait very long for parts or replacments. What with stone trains in the future and sand trains somethings gotta give.

Waddy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Waddy »

Yeah about half the powerwas down at onepoint. Stone trains will have through power

GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GAP »

Any more word about the stone trains to Kalamazoo? They were the talk of last summer but nothing seemed to materialize.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Read GTWs post on last page of Michigan Business News GAP, its all there. Unit trains from Indiana to South Bend then to Kazoo.

dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dave989 »

Both GP-35's are at Hugart in GRR switching. Have not seen an SD-40 at the engine house
as of yesterday. GP-7u 7090 is still here dead.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

There was a convoy of at least a Dozen RJ Corman railroad services vehicles east bound on I 96 at the Ionia exit at about 11:45 am yesterday morning. Heavy wrecking equipment, bulldozers, and jibs.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

Jetlink wrote:There was a convoy of at least a Dozen RJ Corman railroad services vehicles east bound on I 96 at the Ionia exit at about 11:45 am yesterday morning. Heavy wrecking equipment, bulldozers, and jibs.
I noticed a little while before that RJ Corman side booms about 4 of them and misc support equipment coming out of Muskegon yesterday eastbound on I 96 also mmm did something derail in Muskegon? Or is the motel they where staying at in the Muskegon area?

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

RJ Corman was going to Battle Creek. CN derailed an auto train at McCallister Rd. east end of the yard. Stuff all over. New LED signals might have took a hit. So don't know about Ionia and I-96?
Last edited by Super Chief on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

4209 & 4206 have the longest Elk train I've ever seen sitting at Park last car is about to Cowling signals. It'll be all they can pull. A real mix of cars too, sand, cottonseed, coke, poles and lots of gons and coil cars.