Bay City clean up and Saginaw trip report. 03/29/05

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Bay City clean up and Saginaw trip report. 03/29/05

Unread post by patrick »

Well I started out in saginaw so thats where i'll start. Found BNSF 9751 and BNSF 9704 moving around the yard at 8th street. They backed down to the Norman st. yard and wyed their power. Both units are now facing south. There was half a c-train in A track and half in the East yard. In round House 2 we have the 9144, 2642 an unknown BNSF GE, an unknown BNSF EMD, and BNSF 5408. Those units are listed from the rear of the track to the front. In RH 1 is HLCX 6236 in UP paint and an UNKNOWN CSXT SD50. this track is listed front to back. switching the yard was CSXT 2675. In the runaround was CSXT 6002 and 9134. in the west dispatch still is the CSXT 9163.
Caught the HESR coming in the south end of the yard with the CMGN 2014 and the cab and two center I-beam flats both empty. The HESR was coming in the Norman Street end at the same time with about 20 cars and the 8905 leading and the HESR 3866 trailing. Sure is nice to see the old boat working in the lead. Would love to see the 8900's paired up on the durand freight like the old days again.
In essexville, the cleanup continues. the CSXT 729 and CSXT 364 ( I went and checked) is still at Pine Street. I wonder how long till they both run out of fuel?. LMAO :P By the mud switch the sucker truck they are using to vacume up the coal is piling it up there and there is a huge pile now. They still have the tracks out of service and it may not be till sometime tomorrow before they can resume service to this area. RLK 4096 is in Bay City's Wenona Yard. Also on my way to Midland, I saw the CMGN 8804 and the 5086 heading to durand.