Cheboygan Piggyback

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Sppengelly
Railroadfan...fan

Cheboygan Piggyback

Unread post by Sppengelly »

There is a photograph on the Detroit & Mackinac Rwy. Facebook page of a piggyback loading ramp at Cheboygan. Did the D&M operate piggyback service often?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Cheboygan Piggyback

Unread post by AARR »

Sppengelly wrote:There is a photograph on the Detroit & Mackinac Rwy. Facebook page of a piggyback loading ramp at Cheboygan. Did the D&M operate piggyback service often?
IIRC they may have tried shipping some diapers outbound or paper inbound in trailers for the P&G diaper plant very similar to what E&LS tried with Smurfit just before Smurfit closed. But whatever D&M attempted I don't think it pasted long.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

C&O6084
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Cheboygan Piggyback

Unread post by C&O6084 »

D&M had 10 piggyback flats. Never saw one on a train, ever. Spent a huge chunk of my younger Summers in Cheboygan, and never saw any evidence of piggyback. Have a pic of one in East Tawas yard with one truck removed, used as a flatcar ramp.