New Lake State customer in Gaylord

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: New Lake State customer in Gaylord

Unread post by AARR »

railroader and son wrote:If Lake City was changing there Supply to Holcim,why not buy Elmira. Benefits the supplier, and Lake City,plus GLC.My buddy haul cement out of Wyoming Yard for High Grade Materials,best thing they did was start using rail he said.
The rumor is Holcim will not sell the Elmira terminal because they don't want the competition. Can't confirm if it's true, though. Last I heard Holcim has the cement barged into Chicago (from out west) and trucked from there to points in MI. Although at least for a little while some was going all rail to Dundee where it was reloaded into trucks for final delivery.

I heard about the cement being transloaded in Wyoming yard. About 8 cars a week as of last year. Maybe more this year?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: New Lake State customer in Gaylord

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:
railroader and son wrote:If Lake City was changing there Supply to Holcim,why not buy Elmira. Benefits the supplier, and Lake City,plus GLC.My buddy haul cement out of Wyoming Yard for High Grade Materials,best thing they did was start using rail he said.
The rumor is Holcim will not sell the Elmira terminal because they don't want the competition. Can't confirm if it's true, though. Last I heard Holcim has the cement barged into Chicago (from out west) and trucked from there to points in MI. Although at least for a little while some was going all rail to Dundee where it was reloaded into trucks for final delivery.

I heard about the cement being transloaded in Wyoming yard. About 8 cars a week as of last year. Maybe more this year?
Both those tracks have been busy as of late. They could easily be unloading a dozen per day, at least as of earlier this year right before the construction start this spring.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow