It...moves!

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

It...moves!

Unread post by 12Bridge »

Actually seen the Leaser working at Kellogg the other day!

C&O6084
Railroadfan...fan

Re: It...moves!

Unread post by C&O6084 »

Perfect ground, perfectly clean, no weathering. . . what scale is it? Looks real.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

C&O6084 wrote:Perfect ground, perfectly clean, no weathering. . . what scale is it? Looks real.
pretty sure it is real :lol: :wink:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

C&O6084 wrote:Perfect ground, perfectly clean, no weathering. . . what scale is it? Looks real.
That's what a telesmash will do for you. :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is that the NS side of Kellogg's? If it is I didn't know the inter-plant switcher went over there, I thought they stayed on the CN side.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

AARR wrote:Is that the NS side of Kellogg's? If it is I didn't know the inter-plant switcher went over there, I thought they stayed on the CN side.
Don, as far as I know the Inter-plant switcher does all the switching, NS and CN only drop off and pick up cars

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Having worked at Kelloggs for about 12 years and having actually run that engine one time, I can tell you that they do ALL of the of the Kellogg switching and spotting. Every morning usually by 8 am they are moving. CN and NS only drop off and pull what is ordered in and out. Neither do any switching. All of the trackage is owned by Kellogg's and maintained by contracted labor. Great Lakes Trackworks has been doing it lately. Same for POST.
Mark it Zero.

barnstormer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by barnstormer »

Uhhhh.........I would call it full scale, or if you prefer, 1/1 scale.....

Just sayin'........ 8)

-barny

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bctrainfan »

That is very cool....its like a mystery loco, from time to time its parked in a different spot but of all the times I am through that area I have never actually seen it move! :D And AARR I think that is the NS side.

I don't see CN in there that often, NS seems to have some cars to exchange daily or maybe a little less.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

What is the current operational schedule for the switcher at Kellogg's?

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

NS3322 wrote:What is the current operational schedule for the switcher at Kellogg's?
It seems to be in exactly the same spot for long periods. Currently its on the CN side near the building, used to be parked closer to the Jameson crossing of the CN lead. I see both CN and NS working Kellogg's, but I don't think their switcher is in regular use unless they only run during the day and are pretty careful to park in the exact same spot for the night! :D If someone has more info on Kellogg's and Post's current rail operations, I'd be interested to hear it as well.

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Saw the old switcher at Kellogg's actively shoving cars in their yard this morning at 5:20 am!