NSRR "RAIL"train on the Grand Elk RR

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

NSRR "RAIL"train on the Grand Elk RR

Unread post by conrail7695 »

0945 this morning a NS RAIL TRAIN rolled threw three rivers michigan north on the kalamazoo branch. Took the siding north at CP-Cowling and Grand Elk crew got off at CP-Park. so not its sitting at CP-Park with no crew and power lines being put up in the aera..so be carful. :D
Last edited by conrail7695 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NSRR "RAIL"train on the Grand Elk RR

Just talked to my buddy running the switch job here on the Grand Elk and that train was ordered for it final destation for Grand Rapids,Mi.for CSX. Sounds like they"ll drop it in there yard in GR and CSX will come and get it? SO keep you eyes and ears open GR! :wink:
THANKS M. SHIREY

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

My Grand Elk friend says it's headed to Amtrak.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I'm in Connecticut so I probably know nothing but chances are good that it's for Amtrak. CSX has their own rail trains which travel over their own road.

Back in the day (August 2005) at CP-Park:

MaintainerGary
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MaintainerGary »

Those cars belong to LB Foster. The contractor doing work for AMTRAK. Don't know where they are going to lay them.

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Sounds like I was right to start with and I was saying to some friends of mine ..that it might be going on the Michigan line for it new passanger upgrades..Amtrak has put a lot into there side of the line with new crossings and ties...the last two years I have also seen NS adding new tie as well when I go to the v.a. center in battle creek..mabey its time for new rail?? any comments on that?

Come to thing of it...if this rail is going to grand rapids forCSX... "AMTRAM" them it might be new rail for the once a day train that goeS to and from grand rapids via chicgo??? Pere Marquette Route?
THANKS M. SHIREY

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

conrail7695 wrote:Sounds like I was right to start with and I was saying to some friends of mine ..that it might be going on the Michigan line for it new passanger upgrades..Amtrak has put a lot into there side of the line with new crossings and ties...the last two years I have also seen NS adding new tie as well when I go to the v.a. center in battle creek..mabey its time for new rail?? any comments on that?

Come to thing of it...if this rail is going to grand rapids forCSX... "AMTRAM" them it might be new rail for the once a day train that goeS to and from grand rapids via chicgo??? Pere Marquette Route?
This train is NOT going to Grand Rapids. CSX runs their own welded rail trains for the Plymouth and Grand Rapids subs. This train is likely for the Amtrak line as previously stated.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

SD80MAC wrote:
conrail7695 wrote:Sounds like I was right to start with and I was saying to some friends of mine ..that it might be going on the Michigan line for it new passanger upgrades..Amtrak has put a lot into there side of the line with new crossings and ties...the last two years I have also seen NS adding new tie as well when I go to the v.a. center in battle creek..mabey its time for new rail?? any comments on that?

This train is NOT going to Grand Rapids. CSX runs their own welded rail trains for the Plymouth and Grand Rapids subs. This train is likely for the Amtrak line as previously stated.
Didn't you hear they are going to build a secondary route to Chicago via GR and South Bend?? 8) :lol:

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Are u serouis?...were did u hear this at?

TrainWatcher wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:

Didn't you hear they are going to build a secondary route to Chicago via GR and South Bend?? 8) :lol:
THANKS M. SHIREY

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Yeah, its for the new hi speed elevated freight line direct from GR to Chicago....then on to the secret government FEMA camps out near Area 51.... :mrgreen:

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

bctrainfan wrote:Yeah, its for the new hi speed elevated freight line direct from GR to Chicago....then on to the secret government FEMA camps out near Area 51.... :mrgreen:
ALIENS

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

TrainWatcher wrote:Didn't you hear they are going to build a secondary route to Chicago via GR and South Bend?? 8) :lol:

This was posted on the Trains newswire last week, right?
~ Charles W.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

MKT_fan11 wrote:
TrainWatcher wrote:Didn't you hear they are going to build a secondary route to Chicago via GR and South Bend?? 8) :lol:

This was posted on the Trains newswire last week, right?
Yea.... Amtrak and MDOT have had secret plans in the works since 1976. They wanted to originally use the old Airline, but PC and CR took care of that :P

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

nssd70m-2 wrote:Image

Win

NSSD60M
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NSSD60M »

This topic went to idiotic in a hurry.

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

If ur gonna play games go some were else. This is not the place for IT and by the way this is very "OFF TOPIC" as well.!
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

There's been a lot of that going on lately.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

conrail7695 wrote:If ur gonna play games go some were else. This is not the place for IT and by the way this is very "OFF TOPIC" as well.!
Post accurate info then. Since according to you, this train was for CSX. Which made 0 sense at all btw.