out and around Bay City

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

out and around Bay City

Unread post by patrick »

Headed over to Essexville to find trains today only to see a laker boat coming up river. Went to the railroad bridge for pics. Turned out it was the Earl M. Oglebay. Got pics of her coming thru the railroad bridge and as she approached the Independance DrawBridge. blew a normal horn for the bridge to open. as she got closer she blew it again. still no bridge lift. Operator had fallen asleep and didnt know she was there. (so I guess). She ended up having to point herself almost sidways in the river and drop ancor to prevent hitting the concrete bridge. she then had to back up and realign herself in the river and wait for the bridge tender to open the bridge. i'm sure the crew has some very vulgur thoughts about the bridgetender. :-)

Image Image Image

Next up I went back over to Essexville and found BNSF 8943 and 9791 sitting at Pine Street.
Image Image Image

After seeing these and knowing the SBS 310 job wasn't in town anymore, I went looking for the LSRC. I didnt find anything but power at the yard so i went come to begin this report. while typing I heard the horns and went chasing. heres what i saw.

LSRC 798 and 3571.

Image this was taken as a grab shot from the van window.

Image this was at the north end of the HESR yard at Wheeler road

Image Image This is kawkawlin road in Kawkawlin.

Image Image Image Image Image these are along M13 behind Weiss' fruit Market at Stone Specification.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Patrick - the picture, "this was at the north end of the HESR yard at Wheeler road", are those tankers along a business that receives rail service? Thanks for the pictures and stories too.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

yup, tanks of 10W-40 oil. for rowley brothers