Marquette Rail (MQT)

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Marquette Rail (MQT)

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Does anyone have any updated start time for Marquette Rail Trains. All the info I could find was from several years ago, and they often ran in daylight then. Now, it sounds like they usually come in around midnight to Grand Rapids. Also, any news about their new locos the bought?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Marquette Rail (MQT)

Unread post by AARR »

Did you check wiki? I would think that is up to date.

There is a thread around here somewhere with an update on the new engiens. If I find it I will link it to yours.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Any days where they do anything different? They used to be in the daylight on Sundays, even as they started doing the graveshift. Does anyone know why the switched??

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT3001 wrote:Any days where they do anything different? They used to be in the daylight on Sundays, even as they started doing the graveshift. Does anyone know why the switched??
Z151 was a nocturnal train for a long time before switching to days, so I'm guessing they just went back to their old schedule.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

Wyoming wanted them to go back to the nocturnal schedule which works better for their operations up north anyway. So bye bye day Z train...

I usually hear them switching between Vans and Michigan rail sometime between midnight and 2a, and nb around 4a.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I wonder how Sophie likes the return of a night train? Is she back to having sleepless nights and poor grades in school? :lol:
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

amtrak1007

funny you should ask. Sophie's folks split up and no longer live near mich rail.

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

Z151 is on duty 1900 Sunday to Friday. Our customers and CSX being on schedule are the key factors when we get the light at Turner to head in. Count on most everynight a stop at Michigan Rail or Vans. It's rare to hiball right to Wyoming.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

i995impalass wrote:Z151 is on duty 1900 Sunday to Friday. Our customers and CSX being on schedule are the key factors when we get the light at Turner to head in. Count on most everynight a stop at Michigan Rail or Vans. It's rare to hiball right to Wyoming.
Chris, can you do at least one mid-day run on the weekend within the next few weeks so I can get the fall color shot in Newaygo I've been wanting for so long? If you could come through there around 1pm, that would be perfect! Oh, and please have 3001 leading. :lol: :D :wink:

amtrak1007

J T wrote:
i995impalass wrote:Z151 is on duty 1900 Sunday to Friday. Our customers and CSX being on schedule are the key factors when we get the light at Turner to head in. Count on most everynight a stop at Michigan Rail or Vans. It's rare to hiball right to Wyoming.
Chris, can you do at least one mid-day run on the weekend within the next few weeks so I can get the fall color shot in Newaygo I've been wanting for so long? If you could come through there around 1pm, that would be perfect! Oh, and please have 3001 leading. :lol: :D :wink:
They might be MQTish and do it on their own if they get slammed here in the next little bit.

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

J T wrote:
LOL.. I think if the MuskegonRRer had his way the 01 would lead all the time..

-Hey Amtrak, what are the slogans of the mighty 3001? 'Weather ball red, 3001 ahead!'

muskegonrr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by muskegonrr »

Weather Ball Green...No Iron Ore Cars Foreseen!

Safety is Free...Use It!
Wooooooo Woooooooo

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Are there any grain runs on the schedule? And, if so, would those be in daylight?

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

MQT3001 wrote:Are there any grain runs on the schedule? And, if so, would those be in daylight?
Not for a while and it will depend how fast MAC loads it.
muskegonrr wrote:Weather Ball Green...No Iron Ore Cars Foreseen!

Safety is Free...Use It!
Colors blinking bright, hope Winnipeg wins tonight! :twisted:

amtrak1007

i995impalass wrote:
-Hey Amtrak, what are the slogans of the mighty 3001? 'Weather ball red, 3001 ahead!'
Weather ball blue, no bonus for you....

Weather ball red, we got two blonds a head...

Weather ball green, Chance the foamer is foreseen...

Weather ball red, the interns Z-train is gonna go dead...

all I can think of off the top of my head.

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

To quote Kevin Matthews from WLAV..."Weather ball black.....nuclear attack."
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Weatherball down, tornado around.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

i995impalass wrote:Weatherball down, tornado around.
I live in the F-5 tornado track from the 50's! No trees older than 50 except 2 giant oaks that have all their lower branches torn off. Also a good amount of debris around too..

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT3001 wrote:
I live in the F-5 tornado track from the 50's! No trees older than 50 except 2 giant oaks that have all their lower branches torn off. Also a good amount of debris around too..
So they haven't cleaned up all the debris from something that happened over half a century ago? :shock:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

J T wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
So they haven't cleaned up all the debris from something that happened over half a century ago? :shock:
There isn't a ton, just some bits of metal, some kid's toys, other misc items, everywhere! i'm :shock: to