Michigan Rail Business news

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby AARR » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks 1TrackMind and railroader and son
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 29755
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby TSS » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Last week, I drove past the Technisand site in Bridgeman (Livingston siding). Back when I moved to the area in 2012, there were sand hoppers on site, but it quickly went dormant. The whole place has looked defunct since then. But I drove past it last week and there were signs of activity. It looked like a ballast regulator had been used to sweep off all the industry tracks. They used to be almost covered with sand but now are swept down to the ties. There was a large berm of sand piled between the industry track and the passing siding. In addition, there was a boxcar spotted at the unloading ramp at the end of the spur track. Possibly coincidentally, there was a Michigan Gas truck waiting in the driveway. Gas would be needed if sand processing resumed.

Does anybody know what’s up?
User avatar
TSS
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:58 pm
Location: Saint Joseph, MI

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby SD80MAC » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:51 pm

TSS wrote:Last week, I drove past the Technisand site in Bridgeman (Livingston siding). Back when I moved to the area in 2012, there were sand hoppers on site, but it quickly went dormant. The whole place has looked defunct since then. But I drove past it last week and there were signs of activity. It looked like a ballast regulator had been used to sweep off all the industry tracks. They used to be almost covered with sand but now are swept down to the ties. There was a large berm of sand piled between the industry track and the passing siding. In addition, there was a boxcar spotted at the unloading ramp at the end of the spur track. Possibly coincidentally, there was a Michigan Gas truck waiting in the driveway. Gas would be needed if sand processing resumed.

Does anybody know what’s up?

Boxcar was a hotbox set off by Q327 a few weeks ago. Had to get the car department in there to fix it. D700 should be picking it up any day now.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail6809/popular-interesting/
Image
User avatar
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan
 
Posts: 7618
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:59 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby TSS » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:08 pm

SD80MAC wrote:Boxcar was a hotbox set off by Q327 a few weeks ago. Had to get the car department in there to fix it. D700 should be picking it up any day now.


Ok. The cleanup of the tracks is still a mystery, but it sounds like everything else is coincidence. Technisand is still dead!
User avatar
TSS
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:58 pm
Location: Saint Joseph, MI

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby arty flowers » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Could this be the steel plant coming to Durand Michigan?


https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nucor ... 2019-01-07
arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 am

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby DaveO » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:45 pm

arty flowers wrote:Could this be the steel plant coming to Durand Michigan?


https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nucor ... 2019-01-07

The Durand mill is proposed by New Steel International. Unless someone gives it money/tax breaks it will remain a company on paper only.

Nucor is actually a steel producer. Notice how they said Midwest location. States start your tax break and other incentive bidding.
DaveO
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:57 pm
Location: Between here and there

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby arty flowers » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Word on the other board is that the same company that operates the Lapeer transload is setting up a transload at Millington to either ship out brine from underground tanks.
arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 am

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby AARR » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:18 am

I think it's The Wilkinson Corporation near Mayville
arty flowers wrote:Word on the other board is that the same company that operates the Lapeer transload is setting up a transload at Millington to either ship out brine from underground tanks.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
 
Posts: 29755
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby Jeff Smith » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:28 am

arty flowers wrote:Word on the other board is that the same company that operates the Lapeer transload is setting up a transload at Millington to either ship out brine from underground tanks.


Please be advised I was part of that conversation. There was only speculation that it is Wilkinson due to the word that this is a brine operation in Millington and that's what they do. I asked that if it is them then would it be likely they would move their transload to the new place.
Jeff Smith
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:34 am
Location: Attica, MI

Re: Michigan Rail Business news

Unread postby chapmaja » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:05 am

Has anyone heard of any business changes in TC. Apparently the GLC, per the other board, is doing some interesting trackwork in Boardman Yard.
chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Previous

Return to Michigan Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron

x