MSU E. Lansing

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KenB
Railroadfan...fan

MSU E. Lansing

Unread post by KenB »

Got word from a guy that NREX 1437 is going to East Lansing, MI. ASSume that it is going to MSU. Is this replaceing the GE?

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Re: MSU E. Lansing

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Very good possibility. The GE they have out there might be getting hard to maintain, and NREX 1437 is registered as a ex-IC SW14, built as IC 9333 a SW9 in November of 52'.

RRTTF
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RRTTF »

I have it from a confidential, highly placed source the locomotive is going to Jackson and Lansing RR.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

RRTTF wrote:I have it from a confidential, highly placed source the locomotive is going to Jackson and Lansing RR.
I have to say if thats the case that would make a sweet addition to the JAIL roster. Mr. Dobronski has made a great motive power choice.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Has it changed any since this shot a decade ago?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

From the most recent photos I have seen of her and that was on RRPA from 2007, No.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

LTEX 1437 is more likely, which is a GP15-1. This is entirely possible since there is already GP15s in use on the Jackson and Lansing.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

NREX 1437 arr. Louisville KY June 3, LTEX 1437 has no status so it has yet to be entered into the CSX system if it is heading to MSU, if its not in the system it wont be leaving Larry's till then.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

If it is a GP15-1 then, as RRTTF said, it is for JAIL. :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

Well J.T. posted a shot of NREX 1437 and it sure looks like an SW14. Not sure how you get a GP15-1 out of that. Since it is NREX= National Ry. Equipment Co. I don't think it is coming from McDonald, Ohio, Larrys. I guess we will have to keep our eyes open.
Maybe if some one in Lansing swings by the MSU power plant they can ask. Also the Detroit TV says they are going to take down the smoke stack that has MSC on it. Get your photo's now.

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Larry G »

KenB wrote: Maybe if some one in Lansing swings by the MSU power plant they can ask. Also the Detroit TV says they are going to take down the smoke stack that has MSC on it. Get your photo's now.
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps ... 1106040322Lansing Paper on the Demolition that has started. Hate to see it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Photo from the paper of the start of demo:

"If I Harp at you, it is only to Spur you on!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

KenB wrote:Well J.T. posted a shot of NREX 1437 and it sure looks like an SW14. Not sure how you get a GP15-1 out of that. Since it is NREX= National Ry. Equipment Co. I don't think it is coming from McDonald, Ohio, Larrys. I guess we will have to keep our eyes open.
Maybe if some one in Lansing swings by the MSU power plant they can ask. Also the Detroit TV says they are going to take down the smoke stack that has MSC on it. Get your photo's now.
The picture posted by JT is from a decade ago. NREX 1437 falls into current numbering scheme of GP15-1's two of which have already arrived to JAIL.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

The GP15-1's came from Larrys Truck & Electric. This NREX unit is coming from National Ry. Equipment Co. Different company. Why would JAIL need an SW14 anywhey? They have two GP-9's and two GP15-1's. That should be more than enough power to power their trains and switch their customers.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Hate to see it go, such a great landmark and conversation starter when with people who don't know the history of MSU.

Sparty On!

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

AARR wrote:
KenB wrote:Well J.T. posted a shot of NREX 1437 and it sure looks like an SW14. Not sure how you get a GP15-1 out of that. Since it is NREX= National Ry. Equipment Co. I don't think it is coming from McDonald, Ohio, Larrys. I guess we will have to keep our eyes open.
The picture posted by JT is from a decade ago. NREX 1437 falls into current numbering scheme of GP15-1's two of which have already arrived to JAIL.
While it falls into the numbering scheme, Ken's right... it's an SW14, as NREX didn't get any former CR/NS GP15-1's that I'm aware of...
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

msurailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by msurailfan »

from beal99 on an MSU forum:

Looks like it's heading for the plant.

Beal99
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Beal99 »

hahah, small (internet) world

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Wow... thats amazing. Too bad the 44 tonner is doomed.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Good riddance to the 44-tonner, that thing looks sweet!
Bottom text.

msurailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by msurailfan »

Beal99 wrote:hahah, small (internet) world
Yea, I pointed you out on tRCMB a few weeks ago....I post as dubie7006