Lots of Lake State Action

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
LSRC
Flat River Rat

Lots of Lake State Action

Unread post by LSRC »

I went down to the Lake State yard today (7/5/06) and I was suprised to catch a lot of action. First off, train 325 (switch job) was sitting on the main while the crew was at a late lunch (?). The 469 is out of the shops and is powering the 325 again. I am going to try the posting only the thumbs of the pictures, and you can click on them to view their full size, but if that doesn't work, I'll repost. Here are the pictures:

I then went over and got pictures of the 798, which was sitting over on the Roger City wye. Here are the pictures:

At this point, since nothing was moving, a went over to Lafarge. Nothing, except for a bulldozer moving rock. When I returned to the yard, the 469 was gone, but the 798 was still in place. I though that they must have put the 469 away, so I might as well go home. But something caught my ear, a destinct alco sound and squeels comming from the Roger City branch, which for those who don't know, is where the Lake State store their old cars. Sure enough the 469 pulled out with 10 stone cars. Then it backed them into the yard via the mainline track. Here are the pictures:

Then I got another shot of the 798, and headed for home.

Then I set out and caught the 326 today at around 6:00pm. The train had the following consist:

M420W 3571 (a suprise)
M420W 798
49 cars

Here are the pictures:

Anybody notice the cloths/hankerchiefs tied on the railings of the M420Ws?

I hope you enjoyed.

LSRC