RR Bridge Hazards at Sault Ste. Marie, MI

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

RR Bridge Hazards at Sault Ste. Marie, MI

Unread post by Larry G »

Here's the poop: :wink:
The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court, accuses Grand Trunk Western Railroad Co. and Canadian National/Illinois Central Railroad of failing to protect electrician Bruce Harrison from hazardous work conditions. Harrison 54, worked on the Soo Locks from 1990 to 2006 and was exposed to pigeon droppings on the railroad bridges.
http://www.detnews.com/article/20110404 ... 1409/metro

"If I Harp at you, it is only to Spur you on!

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Re: RR Bridge Hazards at Sault Ste. Marie, MI

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Who gives a s***? :lol:
Had to say it.
No, just kidding. How pathetic. How many railroad workers have been exposed to pigeon droppings and never contracted anything? Who says the disease he supposedly has was not contracted at his residence or at another location? America is going to the dogs and this is one prime reason for it, ambulance chasing lawyers and the courts that are willing to give them the time of day. :roll:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

trainjunkie47 wrote:America is going to the dogs and this is one prime reason for it, ambulance chasing lawyers and the courts that are willing to give them the time of day. :roll:
Many if not most politicians have law degrees so when the allow liberal guidelines for lawyers they are simply looking out for their own. If we can only get a President who is a foamer perhaps we can get some of our railfanning rights back :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

rrboomer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rrboomer »

Bridges go over north approach to locks. Locks themselves are south of bridges.

Seems odd an "Locks" electrician an would be under the bridges very often, except to change an occasional light bulb on the approach walls.

rrb

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

Pigeon pop contains 10 dieases that are harmfull to man.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

KenB wrote:Pigeon pop contains 10 dieases(sic) that are harmfull(sic) to man.
That's why you should never drink Pigeon pop. I drink Coca-Cola, Mountain Dew, and A&W Root Beer. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

gonzojoe
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by gonzojoe »

Is it just me or does anyone else think that its not a coincidence that politicians/lawyers are mentioned in the same thread as pigeon poop.