Operational Changes on GLC

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Operational Changes on GLC

Unread post by AARR »

Picked this up from another board. The person who posted it is an employee of GLC, I think.
grain emties, will be another one going north on sunday, also be an extra going to Cadillac on Sunday, costomers are getting low on products cause CSX can never make it to annpere, might be some changes coming for annpere but I think most of the Annpere traffics going to start coming in on the CN in Durand and thru Toledo via AA, lots of grain in the coming days.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Re: Operational Changes on GLC

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

CSX has been wanting to move all the interchange with GLC via the AA for a long time now.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

Can't speak for after 3/31/2006 but, before that date everyone at CSXT wanted the Toledo/AA/TSB route
used EXCEPT CSXT Marketing. Unfortunately, they designated the route and everyone else dealt
with it. CSXT operations dealt by not making Ann Pere a priority. I can't blame them. It their job to run the RR
as they believe is best. But, CSXT Ops and TSB were constantly frustrated. Even today my stomach churns thinking back to those days. Customers screaming. 1st line CSXT managers not returning phone calls just to get abused.....
5 years on college faculties
34 years working on railroads

RR is more fun

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

TSB wrote:Can't speak for after 3/31/2006 but, before that date everyone at CSXT wanted the Toledo/AA/TSB route
used EXCEPT CSXT Marketing. Unfortunately, they designated the route and everyone else dealt
with it. CSXT operations dealt by not making Ann Pere a priority. I can't blame them. It their job to run the RR
as they believe is best. But, CSXT Ops and TSB were constantly frustrated. Even today my stomach churns thinking back to those days. Customers screaming. 1st line CSXT managers not returning phone calls just to get abused.....
I love insights like this because us average railfans do not understand the consternation that railroad managers go through to get cars to the customers.

And, we look at all the potential business we think railroads should be getting but do not. There is so much more that goes into getting the business than most of us would ever imagine.

Also goes to show you sales and marketing should not have authority over operations :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

TSB wrote:Can't speak for after 3/31/2006 but, before that date everyone at CSXT wanted the Toledo/AA/TSB route
used EXCEPT CSXT Marketing.
That's really a common thing. Marketing Departments making promises or agreements that Transportation side can't meet. To marketing EVERY customer is a good customer. If profits don't meet costs of providing the service, its not worth it to the Transportation side. Plus, the customers get a discount for some convoluted routing that doesn't make operational sense because it saves a couple of bucks.

INRD has a contract with Exxon Mobile to store plastics cars. Exxon promised 20 cars a day to the Marketing Department, and INRD responded by putting on an extra job to help deal with the increased business. Its stored at the former State St. Yard in Indy, which is in desperate need of upkeep. Exxon has never come anywhere near 20 cars a day, and there have been several semi-major derailments at State Street trying to dig out the 1 or 2 cars Exxon ships out at a time. Where is the profit?

Practice Safe CSX

willardgarrett
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by willardgarrett »

The B&O mainline through Ohio- the "diamond route"

GP-35
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP-35 »

Could someone till me what the other railfan board is.

Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rick in TC »

GP-35
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP-35 »

Thank you TC Rick Im new at this.

Nighttrain404
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Nighttrain404 »

GLC going out of business in Grawn? Has anyone herd about that?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Nighttrain404 wrote:GLC going out of business in Grawn? Has anyone herd about that?
There are no customers in Grawn since last fall but I am not aware that the tracks are going to be ripped up any time soon