Huron & Eastern Southern Railway Motive Power Update.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Huron & Eastern Southern Railway Motive Power Update.

Unread post by patrick »

I spoke with Crash tonight and her filled me in on the whats new of the railroad. CORP 3838 will need to undergo the same work that the MMRR 3836 did last summer. I found out tonight that on top of the undercarriage needing to be redone, The front piolet is bent front a head on meet with a line of freight cars. The draft gear is messed up and it will need many other repairs. CMGN 8904 is now a parts loco and will NEVER run again. It has a bad crank and will not be repaired. B30-7AB 2002 will have to go to the TSBY due to a bad bearing.
The HESR is very powershort right now and we may expect to see other units coming online in the near future. Crash stated they are so short on power he had to switch monitor sugar with C30-7 5086 the other day and had to take it into the plant. He said it worked well but that area is normally restricted to 4 axles. Also they have been running the C-Boats to Vassar on the former CSX line with trains, via the delphi track in Saginaw.
CMGN/HESR is currently running two trains north fron durand. One to bay city as the normal 701/702? job. And one from durand to saginaw with cars for the east side gang. The midland job is running as normal but is always short for power. Saginaw now has a first and second shift switchers. Crash stated that there are some days he does nothing but switch saginaw all 12 hours of the shift, and that he never gets out of saginaw with a train those days. He also stated that the Durand yard is FULL! Seems the Cn wants to bring in 100 cars but doesn't want to take cars out. He says they have cars all over the system but that they are not moving quickly. Seems the second train from durand to saginaw is due to the east side gangs traffic taken away from the CSXT. it now moves HESR to TSBY to AA to NS. I have noticed that gates are going up all along the Midland sub, so this leads me to believe that speeds may increase through this area soon. This is all I have for now.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

CSX line

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Hi Patrick.
I'm not all that familiar with the lines up that way except the LSRC at bay city and northward, and the CSX main south of the yard there in Saginaw. You said the HESR is operating to Vassar on the old CSX line. Is this the one purchased in late Chessie/Early CSX days by the old HESR? Does the CSX still operate on that branch near the Saginaw Delphi plant near I-75? What route does the CSX take to get to Port Huron? Do they have their own track still, or do they use CSX trackage rights from Flint westward? Finally, does CSX still operate the old C&O line west from Saginaw to Midland or is this now HESR too? Thank for any answers, I appreciate them.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

answuers

Unread post by patrick »

Is this the one purchased in late Chessie/Early CSX days by the old HESR?
YES thats the same one.
Does the CSX still operate on that branch near the Saginaw Delphi plant near I-75?
To the best of my knowledge yes... I know the csx still serves sterring gear but I'm not sure about delphi but I think so.
What route does the CSX take to get to Port Huron? Do they have their own track still, or do they use CSX trackage rights from Flint westward?
They go saginaw to flint then hop on the GTW to Pt. Huron
Finally, does CSX still operate the old C&O line west from Saginaw to Midland or is this now HESR too?
Although traffic is not nearly what it used to be, Yes the CSX still runs a daily train to midland and back. HESR has most of the chemicals now though

Hope this all helps please feel free to ask anything else you may want to know. If I don't know the answer, I may know someone who will.