Passenger car on tail end of NS 38E - Transformers Movie

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Passenger car on tail end of NS 38E - Transformers Movie

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

Yesterday morning.NS 38E had a white and blue passenger car on it as it headed North on the Detroit Line to Livernois yard.

Here is a pic of it.I did not see the train but a person i know sent me a pic of it..OR should i say part of it since the 78 year old man has to have the crossing in the photo lol

RRTTF
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Passenger car on tail end of NS 38E

Unread post by RRTTF »

Thats the new car for the new Detroit to Ann Arbor high speed rail service which is supposed to get started in October.

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

RRTTF wrote:Thats the new car for the new Detroit to Ann Arbor high speed rail service which is supposed to get started in October.
From the picture it looks a tad old to me? werent they going to use double decker cars or something for that?

GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWChris »

JANGAJONGA wrote:
RRTTF wrote:Thats the new car for the new Detroit to Ann Arbor high speed rail service which is supposed to get started in October.
From the picture it looks a tad old to me? werent they going to use double decker cars or something for that?
Yes they are, which are currently being restored by GLC, I think RRTTF was joking.

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

GTWChris wrote:
JANGAJONGA wrote:
Yes they are, which are currently being restored by GLC, I think RRTTF was joking.
ahaha oh i see lol.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

IIRC It looks like one of the old LIRR Commuter Coaches. And the plus? Its not being taken by flatcar so its good as far as the truck bearings go... Oddity to say the least.

canpac08
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by canpac08 »

I was the tail end of the car poking out from behind cuts of cars in the Departure yard in Elkhart. Location made it Impossible to get a shot of it. From what I could tell it looks like it has a faded Metro North logo on it it was left in the departure yard for 2-3 days but was always un-photographable.
He who wanders with purpose, has no purpose to wander

ptrain56
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ptrain56 »

that sure is an old long island railroad coach used on the non electrified lines.some of those coaches were

converted old electric mu's to be used on the diesel hauled lines when the m-1's replaced them in the 1970's. hopefully

they refurb them nicely because they were not very comfortable to ride in.

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

I saw that car in Swanton on the Chicago line about 2 weeks ago.

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Shorthaul »

nssd70m-2 wrote:I saw that car in Swanton on the Chicago line about 2 weeks ago.
That was exactly one week ago from today. It was on the tail end of a westbound manifest.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

It would be alot easier to track with a car number.

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

There was never high-speed rail planned. It was a commuter train between the two cities. It was cancelled many months back last I heard.

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

M.D.Bentley wrote:It would be alot easier to track with a car number.
I had a video of it but it got erased from my camera.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

ptrain56 wrote:that sure is an old long island railroad coach used on the non electrified lines.
Glad to see I still know my passenger cars :D But what makes it odd is if it made it to Wayne or it was left at Oakwood. If it was left at Oakwood it might be headed to Canada. I do not know of any passenger car rebuilders here in Michigan, and from the photo atleast a few rows of seats are still in the car.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

TrainWatcher wrote:
ptrain56 wrote:that sure is an old long island railroad coach used on the non electrified lines.
Glad to see I still know my passenger cars :D But what makes it odd is if it made it to Wayne or it was left at Oakwood. If it was left at Oakwood it might be headed to Canada. I do not know of any passenger car rebuilders here in Michigan, and from the photo atleast a few rows of seats are still in the car.
38E doesn't go to oakwood...It was either set off at Livernois or taken to Wayne

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Car was on track #1 in the Recieving yard at North yard. Not sure where it is now .

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Yesterday (Wed) a coworker reported seeing a old passenger car on a CP trains at NS's Oakwood yard. He said it was a Long Island car , no direction was given.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

That's the new "Recession Era" office car as NS officials set an example for the employees.
Here is a pic of it.I did not see the train but a person i know sent me a pic of it..OR should i say part of it since the 78 year old man has to have the crossing in the photo lol
And who might that be, young feller? :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Transformers movie to star Conrail.

LIGHTS, CAMERA, and ACTION................ The oddball passenger equipment roaming around Detroit is for the next Transformer movie being shot around the old Packard plant on East Grand Blvd. That is all.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

hoborich wrote:That's the new "Recession Era" office car as NS officials set an example for the employees.
And who might that be, young feller? :lol:
Kurt! :lol: