Reading MI

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Notch 8
Railroadfan...fan

Reading MI

Unread post by Notch 8 »

NS 9415 and a HLCX Lessor ex UP SD60 are loading out a unit grain train that will be south bound on Wed, this is the former Fort Wayne and Jackson Line now the INER. and the second unit train complete with dedicated power and the first time a NS Catfish has been in Reading MI, The double track project north of Ray IN has been put on hold due to some endangered species that resides near the land to be cleared for the ROW.

Mike

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Reading MI

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Have you been drinking the water out of hamilton Lake??

Notch 8
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Notch 8 »

Oh, sorry that train should be leaving on Tuesday (today) and why would anyone drink the water from Hamilton Lake when there are Bars with alcohol located all around the Lake ?

Mike

jukeman45
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jukeman45 »

Look for some big changes North of Jackson soon. :)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

jukeman45 wrote:Look for some big changes North of Jackson soon. :)
The guys at ADBF have not been cuasing any trouble recently...I wonder what they've been up too :wink:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

rwas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rwas »

Mike,
Any idea when that train would be pulling out today?

Notch 8
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Notch 8 »

Afternoon/evening if the train has a 24 turnaround time.

Mike

jwilliam33
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jwilliam33 »

Sure enough, they were loading this morning. The NS units on the pass while a GP30 and GP9 handled the loading chores.

I didn't get far enough south to see the double tracking, CTC installation and new ES44's in IN black and yellow. :lol:

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

[quote="
The guys at ADBF have not been cuasing any trouble recently...I wonder what they've been up too :wink:[/quote]

Don,

While it is legal under Federal law for railroads to to have their own police departments I can't help but think there is something wrong with that philosophy. They have full police authority but are more akin to being nothing more than security guards. They do, at least in Michigan, have the same authority as the state Police. Somehow that doesn't set right with me as their mission is to protect the railroads rather than writing speeding tickets on the highways.

Seems to me a law defining separation of powers would be in order here. I've never been ordered to cease taking photographs from public property, but you can bet the RR cop who ordered me to to so will have to defend his actions in court.
Norm

INE-KP
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by INE-KP »

Train should be leaving Steubenville aroud 8am