Delray

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Delray

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

Only been there a couple of times but haven't seen anything. What the best time to go to catch most of the NS traffic?

GTW6401
how bout no

Re: Delray

Unread post by GTW6401 »

You're better off going to Wyandotte if you're only interested in seeing trains with NS power. You'll get everything that veers into Oakwood Yard at CP-YD in River Rouge.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Yea but sometimes early evening time is best to catch action in Delray, but if you go there, don't go alone, its a rough area. Wyandotte would be your best area to catch trains with NS power, but from what I was told, they tend to run the most at night, but that area is most safe to do any nite time train watching. CN would have a local running thru there at nite, generally a GP38 at most on the old DT&I, but their trains on the Shoreline sub are more fun to catch since they go at a good clip. Generally anything going thru Delray will either be NS or CSX with foreign power, or CN running on the Conrail main.

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

I can't wait to go there.

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Unread post by LSRC »

I've had good luck there in the early morning. I wouldn't get too excited over Delray. If you want the crappiest photos of your life, then Delray's your place. And as for the safety there, just use your head and you'll be fine. I've never had a problem at Delray, but I did have a guy try to break into our car at a stop sign two blocks away.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Well from what I was told just park on the side of the driveway to St Mary's Cement, just before the gate tho. You don't wanna park on any side streets. Like I said before, its a rough area!

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Well, Brian, Lisa, their Friend Larry, and Myself hung out there on the 17th. Not too bad, I like wyandotte better than Delray, alot more open.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I've had good luck there in the early morning. I wouldn't get too excited over Delray. If you want the crappiest photos of your life, then Delray's your place.
Ive actually got quite a few good photos from Delray, you just have to know what time of year to go there when the sun is just right. Most people get so annoyed by all the poles they don't try.
You don't wanna park on any side streets. Like I said before, its a rough area!
So, most areas of Detroit get a bad reputation. Most of the locals leave you alone down there, even at night. If you arent bothering them they could care less. In fact the worst things that have happened to me in Detroit thus far is getting a car window shattered out once while I was at Tiger game, and a flat tire.

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

I think i should actually go to wyandotte instead. More ns and it doesn't smell like $H!@.