Trains in East Lansing today

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Trains in East Lansing today

Unread post by RailCanon »

I decided that I would go out to the Amtrak Station today and test my christmas present out. My present was a Radio Shack PRO 82 scanner. While waiting at Amtrak, I tuned it to Grand Trunk's frequency. After a while, I tuned it to CSX's freq. I started getting short bursts of static almost instantly! I started over to the Harrison Rd CSX crossing. On my way I heard more static and a voice on the scanner. When I got to the crossing, I heard "Michigan Avenue east. Soo Line 6016". That confirmed me that something was coming. In just several minutes I saw lights down the track. As they got closer I heard "Clear. Trowbridge East. Soo Line 6016. Train X502". I filmed the Soo Line SDs and their train, then went back to Amtrak. When I got back, I tuned to GT and, after 5 minutes of waiting, heard the crew of train 395 on the scanner. I was talking on the pay phone at the moment and did not hear everything. I did hear that it was train 395 and that they were at Haslett. They came by about 10 minutes later. After that, I left, Happy with the film I shot. A very good day to railfan thanks to my new scanner.

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

That's cool. Scanner wouldn't be useful up in Manistee so all I listen to is Fostoria Live at railroadradio.net occasionally.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon