LSRC Army Train?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

LSRC Army Train?

Unread post by BamaSubdivision94 »

In Flint right now at McGrew Yard and waiting for us is Q321 awaiting a crew to take it to Toledo and a few tracks over, the tail end of an army vehicle train which I assume came from Georgia or Florida?

Anyway, I was wondering if this is the train LSRC takes to Midland (since I haven't seen or heard anything about it thus far) and when it might be coming through since I live just down the street from the Dean Sub.

BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

Re: LSRC Army Train?

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Last edited by BamaSubdivision94 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

there is a big training event up at camp grayling i remember the last time i stayed at supac lake state forest campground near fedrick mi you could hear jets c130s and the tanks or mortors shooting all night thud thud thud like throwing a tennis ball at the wall
member of the
Soo Line historical society
DSS&A historical society
http://www.youtube.com/user/tricityrailfan

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Probably not the best idea to post pics of military movements until well after the fact.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:Probably not the best idea to post pics of military movements until well after the fact.
Just curious, why not?

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

BamaSubdivision94 wrote:
J T wrote:Probably not the best idea to post pics of military movements until well after the fact.
Just curious, why not?
You might have the FBI knocking on your door!
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

SD80MAC wrote:
BamaSubdivision94 wrote:
Just curious, why not?
You might have the FBI knocking on your door!
Duly noted!

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Yeah, why would you post pics and routes???? NOT a good idea. Watch the train go by you and wave at the caboose...oh yeah there isn't one...and leave it at that.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

We seem to be living in a climate of fear.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Does this mean giving a heads up to a military train is potentially not a great idea?

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Heads up on a military train? Yeah probably NOT. Discression IS the better part of valor ya know.
And do we live in a climate of fear? No, just use your heads on this. Would you broadcast a train by saying there is chlorine in it? or perhaps any other hazardous inhalent? Or a propane unit train by saying such?
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

wagnew0923
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wagnew0923 »

Must be the rebel in me. I would take and post the pictures. Everyone knows about the summer excercises in Grayling and you see the convoys on the expressways all the time. I see rail pictures of hazmat trains on many forums. If you think about it by the time you post it, it is long gone and the chances of the bad guys getting to the route, placing explosives or some other implemet to cause a problem is slim to none before the train gets there. You have rights as a citizen to use the common sense the government lacks to legally take pictures and post them. Many others and myself have done so in the past and there are several court cases to support what we are doing. I have only heard of a few problems and never had one myself, even in Washington DC, Grayling, and other areas. Those problems all sorted themselves out fairly quickly and if I remember correctly the guy in DC won a pretty nice lawsuit agains Homeland Security for taking pictures of Amtrak. But that is my two cents.

BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

Doktor No wrote:Heads up on a military train? Yeah probably NOT. Discression IS the better part of valor ya know.
And do we live in a climate of fear? No, just use your heads on this. Would you broadcast a train by saying there is chlorine in it? or perhaps any other hazardous inhalent? Or a propane unit train by saying such?
And railfans don't do that? Isn't that part of the railfanning experience?

BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

Doktor No wrote:Yeah, why would you post pics and routes???? NOT a good idea. Watch the train go by you and wave at the caboose...oh yeah there isn't one...and leave it at that.
I hope you're just talking about the military train and not trains in general...

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

They never leave the fun 'toys' with the military trains, nor the "keys" in them (unfortunately). The ones that are of 'interest' get monitored, and have protection if/when they do get stopped. The 'really' fun ones don't even show up on the internal mojo wires unless you know where to look.

I'm sure if someone wanted to do malice, they're well connected enough to know the train was running before anyone posts anything anyway.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

We had a Canadian military train show up in Wyoming Yard some time ago enroute to Ottawa. Every nerd type was trying to walk INTO the yard to get THEIR PICTURES. Ummm no. Some were stopped. frisked and IF they were lucky didn't go to the calaboose to cool off. If a certain rr cop would have been there they would have needed a paddy wagon.
Yeah, you can take pics, yeah you can broadcast it too. Do what you will because you have your RIGHTS. And YOUR RIGHTS are soooo important.
Perhaps when you get to either be in or have someone in the military you might figure it out though.
And bama, I've been and you've been here long enough to know what I was talking about...no, you can take all the pics you want of any train you want but not from anywhere you want. Keep it public and its fine. Just use your head.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Typhoon wrote:Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Spot on Typhoon!
And reading the TMCI screen of departures from Barr has been fascinating of late...is someone DEMANDING blow by blow explinations of EVERYTHING now?
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Oh look ! The FBI van just showed up..........................:-)