38 & 39E coming off April 16

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: 38 & 39E coming off April 16

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Amen....
Y@ wrote:I've learned there's pretty much no point in sharing inside information on this site. It doesn't matter what I know, somebody else will "know better" and tell me so, that pattern runs rampant here. I'll just enjoy your discussion of rumors.
The vast majority of us enjoy your contributions and don't challenge you. I feel you should ignore the few who do.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

AARR wrote:
midland sub wrote:Amen....
Y@ wrote:I've learned there's pretty much no point in sharing inside information on this site. It doesn't matter what I know, somebody else will "know better" and tell me so, that pattern runs rampant here. I'll just enjoy your discussion of rumors.
The vast majority of us enjoy your contributions and don't challenge you. I feel you should ignore the few who do.
Its all about credibility. Many people understand the concept and appreciate the insite from those in the know. The few who do not and maintain their own agenda ruin it for the rest of us. Not saying I'm a saint in that regard, but I agree with AARR
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

WSOR 4004
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by WSOR 4004 »

It will interesting to see if this plays out, because I remember all the rumors about triple crown being discontinued and yet I saw one in Milan last month.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

It seems like the local runs the line to Mac steel/ Gerdau Ameristeel Worthington 2x a day Monday - Friday. late morning then again about 4:30- 5:00 pm. Gerdau looks like they still ship steel dust. Omni source has switches both both ways so the local maybe takeing these cars to mac steel to runaround there train. Dawn food is getting sugar and flour it seems everyday. Havent been following that closely just what I overhear on the scanner. Jail comes down early am departs Jackson around 6:30 7:00 am.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Scooterb wrote:It seems like the local runs the line to Mac steel/ Gerdau Ameristeel Worthington 2x a day Monday - Friday. late morning then again about 4:30- 5:00 pm. Gerdau looks like they still ship steel dust. Omni source has switches both both ways so the local maybe takeing these cars to mac steel to runaround there train. Dawn food is getting sugar and flour it seems everyday. Havent been following that closely just what I overhear on the scanner. Jail comes down early am departs Jackson around 6:30 7:00 am.

Holy cow, you are alive!

I have to go spend a day up between Jackson and Lansing soon.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

So....are these trains still running to Jackson?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Supposedly last night was the first NS run from Jackson to Kzoo and back.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Well, 38E & 39E will be shorter with the removal of the WB traffic. Which now will travel over the Grand Elk. The only job cut was the B 34 (?) local.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

38/39e is now cut at wayne, jackson cars running via the elk. No fright between wayne and jackson other than locals that will serve as far west as CP Ypsi and as Far East as Chelsea out of wayne and Jackson respectively.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW »

Anyone know the new symbol for the jackson-kalamazoo run.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Sounds like B33 tonight 2 loads 29 empties 4 engines headed west out of Jackson waiting for B22 at hill, sounds like going to pick more cars on the way west.

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

Scooterb wrote:Sounds like B33 tonight 2 loads 29 empties 4 engines headed west out of Jackson waiting for B22 at hill, sounds like going to pick more cars on the way west.
Scooterb, do you think B34 is done? I heard the dispatcher talking to them about picking up some cars in Hinman. I assume that is B34's old train load?
Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

So how is the power out of Jackson going to connect with the rest of the NS system now that Jackson (operationally) is severed?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

JStryker722
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JStryker722 »

Racer wrote:So how is the power out of Jackson going to connect with the rest of the NS system now that Jackson (operationally) is severed?
Probably a run through arrangement from Kalamazoo to Elkhart on Grand Elk as necessary on heavy maintenance/inspections and do routine maintenance in Jackson.
My Wife says my first love is trains..anint that the truth! Lol :D

GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW »

I heard 302 today at CP 95 with 4206 3829 4009 and two NS units. Don't know if they came back north later on.