Amtrak 351 stopped in Jackson

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Amtrak 351 stopped in Jackson

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Not sure what happened as I only heard the rail end of it on the scanner, but 351 was given clearance to back down to the station . They then said that the passengers would de-train and would be bussed to Battle Creek. An new crew would also be arriving on the bus to relieve the current crew.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: Amtrak 351 stopped in Jackson

Unread post by Ypsi »

Amtrak app says "service disruption" which could mean a number of things. Departed AA almost 2 hours late today.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Nobody else heard anything on this one??

I normally would have missed it but I got my new antenna in and was trying it out at home. Got one of these Diamond SRH77CA for my Uniden 346, for a glorified rubber duckie the thing is great, usually can't hear squat where I live(about 8 miles north of Jackson) but I could hear the loco and dispatcher just fine. Think I could hear the conductor a few times as well.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Well more strangeness from Jackson this morning, heard 354 being cleared to pull past the stop at CP Hill and back through the cross overs onto to track one. Also they were advised to be aware of rusty rail conditions??? I would have to assume that this was to clear another train coming east? Not sure why they would have to do this move out at CP Hill unless there are switch problems at the station cross over. But the JAIL would have used those cross overs this morning going into Jackson Yard.

Anybody know what all "Rusty Rail Conditions" entail? I would guess this would have to do with signals not working properly due to track 1 not being used much.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Chiming in late on this but I think they staged a train out of Jackson due to the track rehab blitz that was being done.
Rusty rail condition is due to the non or slight use of the rail apparently it can cause signal activation failures seen AMTK do walking speed at times under this condition.