Train vs. SUV on CSX in Wixom

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NoviRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Train vs. SUV on CSX in Wixom

Unread post by NoviRailfan »

I couldn't find anything online but Fox2 in Detroit this evening was showing a CSX unit that had struck a SUV abandoned at the Beck Road crossing in Wixom. The driver had gotten the SUV stuck on the tracks but had the sense to get out of the vehicle was struck.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Re: Train vs. SUV on CSX in Wixom

Unread post by Racer »

Another one?! This is the 2nd time within the past year that someone has gotten their car stuck at that crossing and hit by a train on what is a line of low train traffic. It's a straight road over that crossing and not part of an intersection like the nearby Wixom Road/ Pontiac Trail Crossing, yet how does this happen? :?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

firemedic54
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by firemedic54 »

Chrisracer8903 wrote:Another one?! This is the 2nd time within the past year that someone has gotten their car stuck at that crossing and hit by a train on what is a line of low train traffic. It's a straight road over that crossing and not part of an intersection like the nearby Wixom Road/ Pontiac Trail Crossing, yet how does this happen? :?
my guess is alcohol...

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

firemedic54 wrote:
Chrisracer8903 wrote:Another one?! This is the 2nd time within the past year that someone has gotten their car stuck at that crossing and hit by a train on what is a line of low train traffic. It's a straight road over that crossing and not part of an intersection like the nearby Wixom Road/ Pontiac Trail Crossing, yet how does this happen? :?
my guess is alcohol...
The last accident was not, it was someone who made a wrong turn into the business next to the tracks and landed their truck on the Lincoln Yard Lead. The driver got out to call the railroad, but then Northbound G855 hit it. What blows my mind is how is this possible at that crossing?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Could this be another case of a GPS device giving bad directions?
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Jochs wrote:Could this be another case of a GPS device giving bad directions?
Still hard to beat the old "Mark One Eyeball".
Norm