Ann Arbor light rails?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Ann Arbor light rails?

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

I doubt them but hope future... 8)

Ann Arbor's vision for high-capacity transit taking shape with possible Connector routes mapped; http://annarbor.com/news/connector-visi ... ve-news-a2
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

59caddy
bag of holding

Re: Ann Arbor light rails?

Unread post by 59caddy »

I am against the idea of light rail, as there is not emnough land space or potential ridership to be successful. Bus rapid-transit and streetcars are the only good options at stake if we go ahead with this, as we already have some (cramped) roads available for these forms of transit.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Honestly a mix of bus and street car would seem to be pretty good for Ann Arbor. Use street cars to bring people in from outside the city using them almost as park and ride type shuttles to get people into AA. And then busses in tr city, I can't really see rails going in on a lot of streets in the city because of the grades (going north up state street comes to mind right away) and how a lotnof the roads are 2 lanes with a left turn lane or just 2-3 lanes one way. But what I also can't really see are "bus only lanes" like the ones showed in the article. Should be interesting to see why comes from this
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

intocable83
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by intocable83 »

Long ago we had these systems already in place in most all decent size cities, maybe they should have left all those trolly & Interurban lines in place. Its a never ending story with our rail systems, they go through and rip out a bunch of track with future potential losing it to other development only to have someone come along a number of years later wishing and/or planning for these lines to be replaced.
I say any of these new ideas IF put into place such as this A2 project should include all electric power run off all renewable energy. Get a lot of those stinky, noisy buses off the streets. With all these wind farms going in all over the place I'm sure we could easily power the system.