JAIL schedule

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

JAIL schedule

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

Anyone know what time JAIL has been coming down to Jackson Yd lately?

wawatam
Railroadfan...fan

Re: JAIL schedule

Unread post by wawatam »

I'm not sure when they roll into Jackson, but generally the crew leave Mason between 9:30 pm and 11:00 pm. They usually return between 5:00 am and 6:30 am. They usually make the trip Monday thru Friday but sometimes work Saturday also. My guess is that it takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to Jackson from Mason.

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

So basically O' Dark Thirty?

Tim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tim »

The speed limit when JAIL took over was 10 mph which would mean two and a half hour running time to Jackson. JAIL may have done so trackwork since then which may or may not make it shorter.

wisconsincentral34
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wisconsincentral34 »

The NB JAIL train seems to leave Jackson around the 3 and 4AM time.

rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Jackson & Lansing Railroad

Unread post by rail_watcher »

Does JAIL primarily use the 2 LTEX locomotives over the 2 ADBF loco's? Or are all 4 of them used evenly?

GTWRalph
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWRalph »

For the past year or so I have only seen the two GP-15's in use. I have not seen the GP-9's working for at least 12 months or more. Not sure why the GP-9's have not been in use. I would sure like to see them pull some freight. Hopefully someone will have more information that they could share with us.

M&LS
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M&LS »

Both Geep 9ers have had electrical issues... between traction motor problems and internal power plant problems. As A&B have finally figured out the most efficient way to run the railway(this includes not running thru absolute stops), two locos are enough. no need to run the 9s when the 15-1s do fine.
also note that as (practically) all storage contracts have dried up, New Hollow, Saginaw, and Cavanaugh yards are all empty, there is less car weight to be handled. besides the ltex units are better pullers.

I think it's also 'cause they beat the dog cr*p out of those 9s.

rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rail_watcher »

So, are they both down for maintenence right now? Will the GP9's just be used for switching purposes on JAIL or are they going to be sent back down to Adrian on the ADBF?

M&LS
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M&LS »

I expect that they'll stay in Mason for the time being, A&B might fix them, they might not. There was talk awhile ago about JAIL receiving two more 15-1s from LTEX, but with the "down turn" in traffic i think that remote possibility was Sh*t-canned. As it is A&B have a bunch more 9s sitting on home rails down on the old line, not in use... Why add more. Where they sit is fine and then they aren't paying to have them hauled from one spot they "own" to another. It's not like they need them down there.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

JAIL headed north from Jackson with 18 cars at approx 6:45 am.

wawatam
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wawatam »

For at least the last three days, the crews have been working with one of the GP-9's (1760) along with one of the GP-15's (1419). Anyone know what's up with 1443 ?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

wawatam wrote:Anyone know what's up with 1443 ?
90 day inspection perhaps?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...