how i see mile makers

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
raymondjtoth
Railroadfan...fan

how i see mile makers

Unread post by raymondjtoth »

ho do i see mile marker in desplaines il i hear called not sure if map with them or any were i can print it so i can see when call mile marker out sorry if hard to understand i have high spectrum autisum

Jim_c
Railroadfan...fan

Re: how i see mile makers

Unread post by Jim_c »

You have to know where the start point is for the mile posts. Often railroad structures beside the tracks will have a sign. If someone here has that particular line on their ATCS display, maybe they can help. Perhaps your railroad police friends can tell you as well. From your earlier post they seemed unusually helpful.
Trails to Rails. Put the track back.

raymondjtoth
Railroadfan...fan

ook will ask him once i hear back from him

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Are you asking about the line Metra runs on through Des Plaines? It looks like the Metra station is at mp 16.7 (according to http://www.chicagorailfan.com/mmupnw.html. Based on where you are compared to the Des Plaines station and the mileposts listed just before and after it, you should be able to get a general idea which mile marker you're looking for.

I'm pretty sure I've seen other (online) references that give pretty specific information on where particular mile post locations are, but I can't remember where offhand. I don't remember having come across the chicagorailfan.com site before, but it looks like it could be a good source for some information about the railroads in your general area.
~ Charles W.

raymondjtoth
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks anything eles can help or want to add to my scanner