DRIE Operations

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
Fred
Railroadfan...fan

DRIE Operations

Unread post by Fred »

Will be railfanning down in Illinois in 3 weeks and was wondering about their "schedule" of when they might run & where to. Any & all info would be appreciated.
Thanks

bn13814
Railroadfan...fan

Re: DRIE Operations

Unread post by bn13814 »

Decatur & Eastern Illinois operates road locals between Paris and Decatur. They reportedly run daily, the westbound usually during daylight. The counterpart seems to run in the evening. Schedule may vary on weekends, though I've caught the westbound twice on Saturday afternoons nearing Decatur.

There is also a Paris-Terre Haute turn, which I believe runs in daylight. Switchers are based at Decatur and Ficklin/Tuscola.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I caught them eastbound through Tuscola in the early afternoon on a Sunday. No idea if that’s the norm or not, however.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

I noticed in the Trains News Wire this week that Watco's DREI is acquiring the Eastern Illinois Railroad that's interesting. They interchange at Metcalf Illinois i think a trip to Illinois is in order to check it out. I remember back in 2003 getting a Eastern Illinois train at Neoga Ill where they interchange with CN.

TPW4055_BNSF2184
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TPW4055_BNSF2184 »

I caught the DREI 2 days ago

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting your nice video :D
TPW4055_BNSF2184 wrote:I caught the DREI 2 days ago
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...