Grand Trunk Western

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
Stinger4me
Railroadfan...fan

Grand Trunk Western

Unread post by Stinger4me »

When the Grand Trunk Western RR existed (not and on-paper), did they ever have a hump yard in Illinois? Thanks for the help.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Grand Trunk Western

Unread post by AARR »

Not that I'm aware of, Stinger. I think GTW's first hump yard was the ex-DT&I yard in Flat Rock which they acquired in 1984.
Stinger4me wrote:When the Grand Trunk Western RR existed (not and on-paper), did they ever have a hump yard in Illinois? Thanks for the help.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Grand Trunk Western

Unread post by chapmaja »

AARR wrote:Not that I'm aware of, Stinger. I think GTW's first hump yard was the ex-DT&I yard in Flat Rock which they acquired in 1984.
Stinger4me wrote:When the Grand Trunk Western RR existed (not and on-paper), did they ever have a hump yard in Illinois? Thanks for the help.
i think you are correct. GTW never had any hump yards that I have found records of until they purchased Flat Rock. I don't think the hump was open that long before it was closed either. Maybe 10 years if that.