Amtrak’s RFI from 06/27/18

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Amtrak’s RFI from 06/27/18

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

https://media.amtrak.com/2018/06/amtrak ... equipment/

The short version is that Amtrak is looking for replacements for the Amfleet I coaches. These replacements could be in the form of DMUs, trainsets, or individual coaches. Companies who respond to the RFI will meet with Amtrak leadership in DC to pitch their product in a 90 minute meeting. The RFI closes on the 11th of July.

These new cars will be operating on Amtrak routes east of the Mississippi such as the Illinois Services, Carolinian, Keystone, and NE Regional.

Seems a little redundant, considering the fact that IDOT led the Midwest coalition to purchase the Chargers AND Athens new trainsets to go with them...maybe we’re looking at a potential first step to expanded corridor service in IL?

Edit: Changed the part where the services are listed to reflect that they are examples and not the actual services getting new equipment
Last edited by NSSD70ACe on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Re: Amtrak’s RFI from 06/27/18

Unread post by DaveO »

"This equipment includes single-level passenger cars used primarily on routes east of the Mississippi River such as the Northeast Regional, Keystone, Carolinian and Illinois Service Trains."

The highlighted words I think are important here.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Re: Amtrak’s RFI from 06/27/18

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

DaveO wrote:"This equipment includes single-level passenger cars used primarily on routes east of the Mississippi River such as the Northeast Regional, Keystone, Carolinian and Illinois Service Trains."

The highlighted words I think are important here.
Ahh, I must’ve misread the post. I’ll edit accordingly.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.