KJRY Video David Jordan

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
jrgerber
Railroadfan...fan

KJRY Video David Jordan

Unread post by jrgerber »

thought you would enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xYjY0hS8AY

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: KJRY Video David Jordan

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoyed it! Thanks for posting.

With the decline of corn products I wonder what will happen to this line?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bn13814
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bn13814 »

AARR wrote:I enjoyed it! Thanks for posting.

With the decline of corn products I wonder what will happen to this line?
Roquette America still ships to Peoria area connections via the KJRY, just not as much as in past years. This may be in part due to the temporary suspension of through service in September 2013 when a derailment caused the Spoon River Bridge (near Seville) to collapse. Some 900+ carloads of corn germ go to ADM in Decatur each year (routed KJRY-Peoria-NS) and corn syrup goes to various NS-served points. A few cars go to Prairie Creek Grain Co's container loading terminal north of Wilmington, Illinois now and then. Routing is KJRY-Hollis-TPW-Chenoa-UP.

ADM's dog food ingredients plant in Bushnell receives soybean flour shipped from Decatur (routing is CN-Peoria-KJRY). Probably a few carloads a month, at least.

This year, Hitchcock Scrap Yard Inc. began leasing property along the KJRY in Canton (note last scenes in my video) and has been receiving regular shipments of junk, 1-2 cars at a time, from OmniSource Inc., probably out of Fort Wayne.

If KJRY can get the Amsted Industries (Griffin Wheel Div.) business back, boxcars of locomotive wheels will be routed KJRY-Peoria-UP and scrap metal should move in reverse.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Great info, bn13814! Thanks.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...