CN and NS Announce Joint Interline Service

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
ThomasACu
Railroadfan...fan

CN and NS Announce Joint Interline Service

Unread post by ThomasACu »

Norfolk Southern and the Canadian National have announced that they will be teaming up to provide a reliable interline service in and out of the Chicago Area.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news ... urs-480366
Railfan from Kosciusko County. Canon EOS Rebel T100 is my go-to for train photos

csxcw46ah677
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN and NS Announce Joint Interline Service

Unread post by csxcw46ah677 »

ThomasACu wrote:Norfolk Southern and the Canadian National have announced that they will be teaming up to provide a reliable interline service in and out of the Chicago Area.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news ... urs-480366
Thanks for the post Thomas. This is certainly a smart idea, and probable to pay off in the long run. For sure, it will make both of them more competitive.

twropr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by twropr »

I will be interested in how this actually works. I suppose Elkhart is pre-blocking a train that goes to the CN, but where? And what yard on the CN would build the train destined to Elkhart?
Andy

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

twropr wrote:I will be interested in how this actually works. I suppose Elkhart is pre-blocking a train that goes to the CN, but where? And what yard on the CN would build the train destined to Elkhart?
Andy
My guess would be either Markham or Kirk yards...
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

florida581
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by florida581 »

The NS trains that are using this new service are 11G, 308, 33N, and 36G. 11G and 33N both terminates at Kirk Yard. I believe 308 runs as CN M340 from Winnipeg. 36G was transferred to NS at Pullman Jct. I’m not sure from what Chicago area CN yard though. Either Markham, Glenn, Hawthorne, or Joliet.