Heritage Corridor freight service

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
Tsidephotos476
Railroadfan...fan

Heritage Corridor freight service

Unread post by Tsidephotos476 »

The Heritage corridor, also known as CN's Joliet sub, is a run from Chicago to Joliet that is owned by Canadian National, though the trackage continuous, beyond Joliet is owned by Union Pacific and continues all the way to St. Louis. I mainly want to use this thread to talk about if any of you know about freight trains on this subdivision as they are rare as most movements are Amtrak or Metra.
Here's what I know:
It appears that every other day they run a UP intermodal in the afternoon after Amtraks and before Metras
CN's only presence on the line is the oil local and for some reason they run a CN GP and GT GP out to lemont and back with no freight cars at all. "It is operated by some old hag who I've waved to at least 5 times and has never even waved back once, I hate CN crews.
Most freights will be UP intermodals in bound to Chicago because of UP's global IV terminal being located in Joliet.
This is what I've gathered from railfanning in Lemont and Lockport "which are very nice" you've got the HC and the BNSF southern transcon. Please add more to help me out.