Chargers Inbound for Chicago

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
Railfanjunction
Railroadfan...fan

Chargers Inbound for Chicago

Unread post by Railfanjunction »

Just saw on TO that a pair of Siemens Chargers are heading east on the California Zephyr to Chicago, 4608 and one other, as yet unidentified. I'm guessing they'll be going to Chicago for trials and then put into revenue service sometime in the next few months?

Zach
Youtube: Railfanjunction (https://www.youtube.com/user/RailfanJunction)

An invasive Californian who is somehow still living in Michigan despite never having experienced snow or subzero temperatures before last year.

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Chargers Inbound for Chicago

Unread post by PerRock »

Railfanjunction wrote:Just saw on TO that a pair of Siemens Chargers are heading east on the California Zephyr to Chicago, 4608 and one other, as yet unidentified. I'm guessing they'll be going to Chicago for trials and then put into revenue service sometime in the next few months?

Zach
4609 is the other one. From what I heard, people thought that they were inbound to Chicago, but were cut from the CZ in Denver. The report of the cutting was from a passenger on that CZ, and they hadn't reached Denver when OBS made an announcement saying they were cutting cars in DEN. I haven't heard since if it was in fact the Chargers, or a bad-order. If the Chargers were cut out at Denver, then chances are they're heading back to Pueblo.

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

Railfanjunction
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Railfanjunction »

PerRock wrote:
Railfanjunction wrote:Just saw on TO that a pair of Siemens Chargers are heading east on the California Zephyr to Chicago, 4608 and one other, as yet unidentified. I'm guessing they'll be going to Chicago for trials and then put into revenue service sometime in the next few months?

Zach
4609 is the other one. From what I heard, people thought that they were inbound to Chicago, but were cut from the CZ in Denver. The report of the cutting was from a passenger on that CZ, and they hadn't reached Denver when OBS made an announcement saying they were cutting cars in DEN. I haven't heard since if it was in fact the Chargers, or a bad-order. If the Chargers were cut out at Denver, then chances are they're heading back to Pueblo.

peter
Interesting. I thought 4602 was still at Pueblo testing unless that was the one that's been up in Philly recently.

Zach
Youtube: Railfanjunction (https://www.youtube.com/user/RailfanJunction)

An invasive Californian who is somehow still living in Michigan despite never having experienced snow or subzero temperatures before last year.

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

Railfanjunction wrote:
PerRock wrote:

Zach

peter
Interesting. I thought 4602 was still at Pueblo testing unless that was the one that's been up in Philly recently.

Zach
4601 & 02 were in Pueblo and were headed back to SAC, I don't know if they made it all the way to Siemens plant or are sitting in a yard somewhere. 4604 is still on the east coast doing testing. 4608 & 09 are confirmed to have been cut out at Denver for their trip to Pueblo.

From my understanding, there is some questions over insurance and warranties between Siemens, Amtrak, and the Consortium. Until that's sorted out there won't be any deliveries to IL (or any of the other states.)

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group