Chicago Union Station Locomotive

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
minernut333
Railroadfan...fan

Chicago Union Station Locomotive

Unread post by minernut333 »

I recently looked on google earth looking for a certain locomotive. I used to go into street view on S Lumber Street that goes around Union Station before google took it out. :x The locomotive is parked on a small track that parallels S Lumber Street that is directly Northwest of Continental Paper Grading Company (1623 Lumber Street, Chicago, IL 60616). The small track spur is located directly next to the Amtrak washing facility. I'm probably wrong but the locomotive resembles a EMD SW 1500 and is in the color of gray and blue exactly like the CSX Stealth Scheme. It's parked right on the Hayes-built bumper. I also remember that there was an Operation "Something" , Not Operation Lifesaver. I would like to know the reporting mark and model of the locomotive because I noticed that Google Earth updated their images around the Chicago area to April 20th, 2015 and looks like the locomotive is being torn apart. :( I can't remember if it's a AMTK or CSXT reporting mark. Can anyone help me? I would love to see the image of it again!!!
Minernut MRC333

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Re: Chicago Union Station Locomotive

Unread post by railohio »

Was it "Operation Redblock" on the locomotive?
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

minernut333
Railroadfan...fan

YES!!! :D
Minernut MRC333

minernut333
Railroadfan...fan

I was determined to find this locomotive. After randomly picking a model off of railroad pictures archives, I found the locomotive. Its a Amtrak (AMTK 791) EMD SW1000R. Here is an image of the unit. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2170088
Minernut MRC333