Eastern Illinois

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
CSXIndyLine
Railroadfan...fan

Eastern Illinois

Unread post by CSXIndyLine »

Was interested in heading over to eastern Illinois for a day along the CN line. Noticed a branch heading easy from Effingham. What runs on this?

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Re: Eastern Illinois

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Does it end up at Newton, IL?

Ok, so I looked it up. Line to Newton, IL. Probably about the only thing you'll see is CN interchange for the INRD. The power plant out there built a long lead to connect with the INRD directly, which would be the parallel track you'd see out there. So, in a word, not much on the line. One or two moves a day on the CN side? Maybe 3 to 4 on INRD side.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Eastern Illinois

Unread post by AARR »

There have been a couple articles in Trains Mag about INRD and CSX confirms what it said in the articles.
CSX_CO wrote:Does it end up at Newton, IL?

Ok, so I looked it up. Line to Newton, IL. Probably about the only thing you'll see is CN interchange for the INRD. The power plant out there built a long lead to connect with the INRD directly, which would be the parallel track you'd see out there. So, in a word, not much on the line. One or two moves a day on the CN side? Maybe 3 to 4 on INRD side.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...