CSX locals to Butler, IN

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

CSX locals to Butler, IN

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

I was looking on the wiki and came across a few CSX locals that originate out of Garrett, IN amd run to Butler, IN on the NS. There are a couple reasons I belive its true. 1 is becuase at the diamond in St. Joes, IN where the Huntington District (Huntington, IN to Montpelier, OH) crosses the CSX Garrett Sub which the Huntington District runs up to Butler. Anyways there is a turnout in St. Joe that goes off the CSX and turns north onto the Huntington District heading towards Butler. My second reason is I was in Concord, IN railfanning and I saw a local and it took that 3rd track and turned onto the Huntington District heading north

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX locals to Butler, IN

Unread post by CSXBOY »

You probably saw a possible local going to work a steel plant. But as of 2022 this local is only one train. One way to the plant and one way back to the Garret Sub. This train usually runs after dark as well unless the schedule has changed. It uses NS for only 2-3 miles and it doesn't even come close to the city limits of Butler.

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX locals to Butler, IN

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

CSXBOY wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:39 pm
You probably saw a possible local going to work a steel plant. But as of 2022 this local is only one train. One way to the plant and one way back to the Garret Sub. This train usually runs after dark as well unless the schedule has changed. It uses NS for only 2-3 miles and it doesn't even come close to the city limits of Butler.

I saw it in Concord around 8pm ehat about L376 which runs to Defiance?