NS. So what is next.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
User avatar
justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:51 am

Re: NS. So what is next.

Unread post by justalurker66 »

In some ways it is a benefit not needing to back the train out of the station to get to the yard. But I can understand why Amtrak would not want commuters east of their platforms. The remodel proposals for CUS have additional through platforms. If "Crossrail" ever gains traction they will be needed.


Where are SWS trains yarded? The BNSF yard or further south?

LakeATCS
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 619
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:37 am

Re: NS. So what is next.

Unread post by LakeATCS »

SWS is handled in the BNSF side.

HC right now is the domain of the three F59PH. It keeps the screamers away from sitting right next to the CUS concourse. (One F40PH nickname is screamer, due to the alternator HEP running in Run 8 all the time.)

tttodisp
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: NS. So what is next.

Unread post by tttodisp »

tttodisp wrote:Based on the phone number in the timetable, it looks like probably in the North KC offices.
Based on a BNSF GO effective 6/25, the NS dispatcher controls the entire joint trackage with BNSF from Maxwell to CP 224. NS DS phone number is in area code 217, so that must be in Decatur, meaning that the KN operator must be gone.

User avatar
cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored
Posts: 1168
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:29 pm
Location: Stella Ct
Contact:

Re: NS. So what is next.

Unread post by cbehr91 »

tttodisp wrote:
tttodisp wrote:Based on the phone number in the timetable, it looks like probably in the North KC offices.
Based on a BNSF GO effective 6/25, the NS dispatcher controls the entire joint trackage with BNSF from Maxwell to CP 224. NS DS phone number is in area code 217, so that must be in Decatur, meaning that the KN operator must be gone.
And those dispatchers will soon be moving to Atlanta.

LakeATCS
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 619
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:37 am

Re: NS. So what is next.

Unread post by LakeATCS »

Just did some good earth searching.. Someone is planning ahead because hordes of houses are gone that are in the way of Create P4.

The Metra flyover probably won't require house moving, I think they can thread it thru the edge of that park. Doesn't take much room for a passenger viaduct of modern construction.
SWS is going to be a fun ride with two high flyovers.

Also is Metra changing ATCS channels? Stuff is disappearing off CH5

User avatar
justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:51 am

Re: NS. So what is next.

Unread post by justalurker66 »

LakeATCS wrote:Also is Metra changing ATCS channels? Stuff is disappearing off CH5
Have 59th Street and 74th Street been regularly available in the past? I added them to my display this week (hoping to catch SWS moves and the Amtrak Cardinal/Hoosier State) then found out I wasn't getting those MCPs.

The Chicago aggregator had problems again this weekend. I thought it might be my setup (I changed ISPs) because a tracert would not find the server but further testing showed it was not me. Everything is up today (including the feed from my house to the aggregator) so it appears that my firewall is set up correctly.

LakeATCS
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 619
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:37 am

Re: NS. So what is next.

Unread post by LakeATCS »

justalurker66 wrote:
LakeATCS wrote:Also is Metra changing ATCS channels? Stuff is disappearing off CH5
Have 59th Street and 74th Street been regularly available in the past? I added them to my display this week (hoping to catch SWS moves and the Amtrak Cardinal/Hoosier State) then found out I wasn't getting those MCPs.

The Chicago aggregator had problems again this weekend. I thought it might be my setup (I changed ISPs) because a tracert would not find the server but further testing showed it was not me. Everything is up today (including the feed from my house to the aggregator) so it appears that my firewall is set up correctly.
Yes they have been receiving fine on Channel 5 for years. my Laporte IN receiver even picks them up. But now now.

I can't figure out where Metra would go. Unless they went to Channel 1. The chicago NW feed has CH 2 5 and 6. And I think 3. Someone will know better.

Someone used to run a Channel 1 feed from chicago that picked up nothing but UP locos (UP used to have BCPs in Chicago for no other reason then receiving locos, there was a LOUD one in Watseka IL)

Post Reply