South Shore Busing Passengers This Week (And Next)

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

South Shore Busing Passengers This Week (And Next)

Unread post by Jochs »

The South Shore is working on upgrading tracks and overhead wires between South Bend and Michigan City, this week, and commuter trains will not be running between the South Bend Airport or Carroll Ave. this week. Regular weekend commuter trains will run, but then again next Monday the trains will not run and buses will run between South Bend andd Michigan City.
http://wsbt.com/news/local/south-shore- ... -this-week
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Re: South Shore Busing Passengers This Week (And Next)

Unread post by justalurker66 »

Also (Thursday PM through Sunday):
Beginning the evening of Thursday, April 26, 2018, through Sunday, April 29, Metra will be completing the installation and testing of a new signal system just north of the Museum Campus/11th Street Station. Due to this work, delays of up to 10 minutes are possible on South Shore Line trains from the end of the Thursday evening rush throughout Sunday evening.

The work schedule is being implemented to allow employees to safely perform the work necessary to transfer the switches at Museum Campus from a manual to an automated system as required by the Positive Train Control (PTC) safety system.