New Control Points on the Indy Line Taking Shape

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

New Control Points on the Indy Line Taking Shape

Unread post by cbehr91 »

The new CP at milepost 219 on the CSX Indianapolis Line (between Farmland and Parker City) is pretty much complete. New vader signals, crossovers and pre-fab metal shed with satellite dish is all there. This is in addition to the other new CP going in at milepost 178 (west of Russia on the ohio side), but with that one only the crossovers are in place. Also it appeared that the final stretch of Rule 251 is going away between Harrisville and Muncie as there are new intermediates bagged on the masts of the signals on the left-hand track.

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Re: New Control Points on the Indy Line Taking Shape

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

Great report. I need to get back down that way.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

This makes me want to ask, how many stretches of Rule 251 are left on class one mainlines these days? Can't be a whole lot, right?
Bottom text.

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dmitzel »

I've been watching the C&S contractors work at CP IU in downtown Indy for weeks now... nice as the work zone has most trains creeping through the plant so easy 'fanning from the Cummins building here on Market Street, especially from the 8th floor.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

LakeATCS
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LakeATCS »

Long thread on the changeovers going on, on the other Indiana Forum. Good detailed info there.
This section of D251 isn't original. It was installed to replace a NYC era D251 setup just a few years ago. it's all CSX vaders set up in 251 operation. The crossover sets will change this to 261 operation.

IU is a MASSSIVE undertaking. It's replacing a BIG US&S Electro Pneumatic machine.

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index ... ic=15615.0

Here is a diagram outlining the changes going on.

All the mast signals are represented by their correct config. Dwarf signals are shown "single bulb" as a place holder. The two I have seen under the bags looks like 4 stacks.

There isn't enough info to see how the Amtrak lead will connect. I think it connects inside the new CP KY AVE but it could well go over and connect in the new CP-IU east of the big cantilever.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Y@ wrote:This makes me want to ask, how many stretches of Rule 251 are left on class one mainlines these days? Can't be a whole lot, right?
Most of the New Castle Sub I think still is.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

LakeATCS wrote:Long thread on the changeovers going on, on the other Indiana Forum. Good detailed info there.
This section of D251 isn't original. It was installed to replace a NYC era D251 setup just a few years ago. it's all CSX vaders set up in 251 operation. The crossover sets will change this to 261 operation.

IU is a MASSSIVE undertaking. It's replacing a BIG US&S Electro Pneumatic machine.

http://indianarailroads.org/board/index ... ic=15615.0

Here is a diagram outlining the changes going on.

All the mast signals are represented by their correct config. Dwarf signals are shown "single bulb" as a place holder. The two I have seen under the bags looks like 4 stacks.

There isn't enough info to see how the Amtrak lead will connect. I think it connects inside the new CP KY AVE but it could well go over and connect in the new CP-IU east of the big cantilever.
Appreciate the link. I don't go there nearly as often as I should (not to steal thunder away from this site). CP Holt on the Indy Terminal is right by I-70 and I remember seeing new sigs the last time I passed through.