NS Triple Crown Train

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
KenB
Railroadfan...fan

NS Triple Crown Train

Unread post by KenB »

Spotted a westbound Triple Crown train on the Wabash pulling out of NS Oakwood Yard in Melvindale,MI @ 1740 on July 13, 2015. Power is: BNSF 6838, BNSF/ATSF 743 back to back.

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS Triple Crown Train

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Anyone hear when the Triple Crown is finally going away? I know its been discussed for some time now.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Triple Crown will continue as regular intermodal traffic. The railtruck bolsters will be discontinued but not the name or service.
trainjunkie47 wrote:Anyone hear when the Triple Crown is finally going away? I know its been discussed for some time now.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

We have a couple of Triple Crown trailers come into the plant every day. Not sure what they are hauling or from where but they go into the packaging warehouse so it is either cardboard or plastic film. I don't work over there so I couldn't tell what it is or where it's coming from. The trucking company that hauls them is based in Ft Wayne.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Thanks for the clarification, AARR.

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

AARR wrote:Triple Crown will continue as regular intermodal traffic. The railtruck bolsters will be discontinued but not the name or service.
trainjunkie47 wrote:Anyone hear when the Triple Crown is finally going away? I know its been discussed for some time now.
Right, I think that's what he meant though. When will the true "roadrailer" type go away? For all practical purposes when that goes away and they just go to TOFC/COFC, roadrailers are gone.
Brett

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

There are no plans for anything currently but Triple Crown is not going away no matter what occurs. The only thing they have done is buy some second hand standard trailers to supplement the roadrailer fleet. No decision has been made regarding which direction they are going to go and no new equipment has been ordered either way.

Currently it is the same old Status Quo.