Wabash Central railroad in Bluffton.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
matt76
Railroadfan...fan

Wabash Central railroad in Bluffton.

Unread post by matt76 »

I was wondering if anyone knew when they run. I have Thursday off and was wanting to try to get some pics. Thanks for any info.

Ibflattop
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Wabash Central railroad in Bluffton.

Unread post by Ibflattop »

Its a hit and miss on this line. They run as a need to basis. We ran the line a couple of weeks ago and found that they had parked the engine over at Warren at the Grainery. Thanks Kevin
LF 22 head them west!!!!!
Dispatch this is NS 261: We have a Green Board!!!!!

CIOR conductor taking up 2 mains and a Siding!!!!!!!! :)
Not called E.O.T. ; "Called Running on Markers!!!!!!!!!"

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

What do they have for power, is it lettered for them? When parked at Warren is the eng accessible for photos???

Thanks a lot

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

http://www.fwarailfan.net/wbcr.htm
Operations
The main yard for the Wabash Central is on the southwest side of Bluffton at the Bond St. crossing. This is also their base operations. Trains are usually put together here for delivery to shippers and interchanging. Activity on the line is sparse east of Bluffton but they operate fairly regularly west to Warren. Wabash Central operates a pair of ex-Illinois Central GP10s. WBCR #6 and MAW (Maumee & Western) #12 are currently assigned to the line. The Norfolk Southern locals L80 or L88 will deliver and pick up cars to and from WBCR typically during the weekdays. The largest shipper on the Wabash Central is Weaver Popcorn in Van Buren. Monitoring the WBCR radio frequency is sometimes helpful but only during switching operations. You can follow a train fairly easily on the line as speeds are about 10 mph, but plan on driving on a lot of dirt roads if you do. As with other area shortlines, the line is operated under restricted speed.
Fred wrote:What do they have for power, is it lettered for them? When parked at Warren is the eng accessible for photos???

Thanks a lot
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

Thanks for the link & info.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoyed reading it too. I get more satisfaction railfanning shortlines than Class 1's 8) Looks like they have two small customers east of Blufton and four customers to the west.
Fred wrote:Thanks for the link & info.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

I'm the same way. I prefer shortlines & regionals.