New CSX locomotives

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
bjett
Railroadfan...fan

New CSX locomotives

Unread post by bjett »

Saturday May 2, 2015 CSX I-377 passed though Muncie In. with eight new locomotives in tow. units were CSX 5295-7580-2489-9000 (new-3205-3210-3207-3208-3200-3209-3211-3213.

CSX I-377 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4QoFDnAJuQ
Attachments
5-2-15 muncie csx I-377 5295-7580-2490-9000-3205-10-07-08-3200-09-11-13.jpg
5-2-15 muncie csx I-377 new 3200.jpg
Last edited by bjett on Tue May 05, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: New CSX locomotives

Unread post by Saturnalia »

There is a whole thread for CSX Locomotive roster stuff in the Railfanning info forum. Please post this stuff there :D
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

bjett
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bjett »

MQT3001 wrote:There is a whole thread for CSX Locomotive roster stuff in the Railfanning info forum. Please post this stuff there :D
( Indiana Talk Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana. ) :D

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

bjett wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:There is a whole thread for CSX Locomotive roster stuff in the Railfanning info forum. Please post this stuff there :D
( Indiana Talk Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana. ) :D
Agree. IMHO these photos belong here, not in the other thread. Using MQT's logic, any photos of a CSX locomotive should be in the other thread.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Well, since the while subject revolved around the sighting of new units, it would have worked exactly as-is in the roster thread.

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

And since the picture was taken in Indiana, it works just fine on this board.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Typhoon wrote:And since the picture was taken in Indiana, it works just fine on this board.
Your nonsense makes me laugh :lol:

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Does it really matter? :roll: quit trying to tell people how to post Alex.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

MQT3001 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:And since the picture was taken in Indiana, it works just fine on this board.
Your nonsense makes me laugh :lol:
As does yours.... :roll:
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

And the downward spiral continues.
Bottom text.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Y@ wrote:And the downward spiral continues.
I just wish 3001 would quit telling people WHERE and HOW to post stuff. Last time I checked he didn't run this website... on the stool he still sits.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Start your own board, then you can tell people what to do

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Mr. Tops wrote:
Start your own board, then you can tell people what to do
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000...

Funny how I'm told I'm worse yet he continues to play the same games.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Some things like this are purely organizational and 100% logical. Train location updates go in that forum under the established threads. Where is it posts go in the where is it thread. All CSX loco roster talk goes in that thread. All AML MOW/upgrade talk goes in that thread.

Hence, I merely commented that in the future, such posts be directed for that thread. This is for the sake of clarity and continuity of information on this board. I am far from the only non-moderator who has ever discussed these issues. That said, what I say is not law, nor do I mean it to be. But as kinda the keeper of the CSX Loco thread, I feel obligated to point misplaced posts in that direction. So far, I have never been told by Zack to refrain from this. If he tells me so, I shall do so.

To the original poster here, this is nothing personal, it is just a few members, and admittedly myself, have taken this way beyond what it needed to be. Sorry, but yes this sort of deal is best placed in the CSX roster info thread under Railfanning Info, given it fits right in with that ongoing discussion. Indeed, we appreciate your photos of the new units.

Cue the statutory B&B thread lock graphic...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:Some things like this are purely organizational and 100% logical. Train location updates go in that forum under the established threads. Where is it posts go in the where is it thread. All CSX loco roster talk goes in that thread. All AML MOW/upgrade talk goes in that thread.

Hence, I merely commented that in the future, such posts be directed for that thread. This is for the sake of clarity and continuity of information on this board. I am far from the only non-moderator who has ever discussed these issues. That said, what I say is not law, nor do I mean it to be. But as kinda the keeper of the CSX Loco thread, I feel obligated to point misplaced posts in that direction. So far, I have never been told by Zack to refrain from this. If he tells me so, I shall do so.

To the original poster here, this is nothing personal, it is just a few members, and admittedly myself, have taken this way beyond what it needed to be. Sorry, but yes this sort of deal is best placed in the CSX roster info thread under Railfanning Info, given it fits right in with that ongoing discussion. Indeed, we appreciate your photos of the new units.

Cue the statutory B&B thread lock graphic...
At least he admits it!

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

It's...a....hobby...

Who gives a crap if it's organized and logical. The railroad sure isn't, nor is the rest of the world. why should s HOBBY board be so regimented? You're going to go insane out in the real world if you expect everything to fall into neat little piles.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

CSX_CO wrote:It's...a....hobby...
Railfanning. Serious. Business.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Seriously MQT, maybe you should start your own website for the CSX power updates. You can separate it from the board and run it as you see fit. I'm an "organized" person as well, but you cant control other people, especially on an Internet message board. You just look like the Internet police.

I used to have a website when I was your age that was very similar to your CSX updates. Like you, I dealt with Bob M on a regular basis. I still have a website but it just provides links to my flickr and YouTube. I'm sure my old site could still be found on the Internet wayback machine...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

All I intended with my original post was to note that the thread existed, and that in the future that is probably the best place to put it. That was it. The original poster doesn't post much, so I thought maybe they didn't know the whole roster thread existed. It was just a note and a friendly suggestion.

Others brought in the merits of organization, so I foolishly went for it, and explained my case. I don't think I was being a vigilante board moderator by saying what I said. Everything after my first post here was defense in nature, explaining my rationale.

Then it devolved into the usual board politics along the familiar battle lines, with everybody taking their pot-shots against the people they don't like :roll:

Really, all it was supposed to be was that note. I and others have had great success in doing similar things before, directing everything back to the running discussion for organization and at the end of the day, a better discussion. Until Typhoon posted, I wasn't going to say anymore, and I shouldn't have.

Perhaps, it would have been better, and more to my point, to have posted this orignally, at the very beginning:

"Hey, did you know we have a whole thread for the CSX Locomotive Roster? It is in the railfanning info section. Perhaps this is best posted over there :D"
Last edited by Saturnalia on Tue May 05, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

Y@ wrote:And the downward spiral continues.

Qft.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken