Penn Central Historical Society 2014 Convention

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Penn Central Historical Society 2014 Convention

Unread post by conrail7695 »

Hello, I am the CO-Chairman of the 2014 PCHS Convention help in Middlebury, IN Sept. 25-27. More detailed information can be found at... http://pcrrhs.org/event/convention/2014-convention Below is also a 2014 Convention poster. http://railroadfan.com/gallery/thumbnails-1802.html

I will mention at this time the Norfolk Southern Heritage unit Penn Central Unit " NS-1073 " has been reserved by the society for viewing of PCHS members in Elkhart yard. We have also work out a deal with NS to have the NYC unit " NS-1066 " and the Pennsylvania unit " NS-8102 "too.

THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Penn Central Historical Society 2014 Convention

The first of the heritage units are on the way to Elkhart yard. The Penn Central loco is on NS-15N in Cleveland Ohio as of 13 Sept. 2014 5:30p.m. Destination is Elkhart yard.

https://www.heritageunits.com/Locomotive/Detail/NS1073
THANKS M. SHIREY

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

And its gone from Elkhart yard, headed west. When I saw the NYC unit at Toledo, the engineer who helped arrange for it to be on display said it was a challenge to do, and that he would be surprised if an event like that happens again for a while. I'm sure the PC unit will be back and on display since you said guys did arrange to have it, but getting 3 units on display would be quite a feat based on what he said last spring and how power short NS is or is supposed to be. Good luck with the event, I'm pulling for you guys to get all 3, having the "PC Family" together would be neat.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

By tomorrow 24 sept.2014 all three WILL BE in Elkhart yard.. I have friends in big places and it is being done. The Penn Central Historical Society will have a great convention and the three heritage units from Norfolk Southern to show off for paid member of the convention. At this time we have 55 registered and will take the next 20 people who wish to go.. the limit for the yard tour with the three units is 75.. First Come FIRST SERVED!!! Contact me for more info!

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:And its gone from Elkhart yard, headed west. When I saw the NYC unit at Toledo, the engineer who helped arrange for it to be on display said it was a challenge to do, and that he would be surprised if an event like that happens again for a while. I'm sure the PC unit will be back and on display since you said guys did arrange to have it, but getting 3 units on display would be quite a feat based on what he said last spring and how power short NS is or is supposed to be. Good luck with the event, I'm pulling for you guys to get all 3, having the "PC Family" together would be neat.
THANKS M. SHIREY

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I saw pictures of that lineup, that was quite a display. Too bad NS didn't do a New Haven heritage unit like originally planned, then the PC family would be complete. None of the New Haven is really even a part of NS today.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

MQT1223 wrote: None of the New Haven is really even a part of NS today.
Which is why they elected to not do a New Haven Heritage unit but the Monogahela instead.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

SD80MAC wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: None of the New Haven is really even a part of NS today.
Which is why they elected to not do a New Haven Heritage unit but the Monogahela instead.
Yup. I am kind of amazed that NS forgot about the Penn Central until the last minute though. If you want to see New Haven heritage, look at the CDOT's P42's or any of their passenger units. They paint all of them in the New Haven's famed McGinnis Scheme.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)