ns shoo fly

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
thomas
Railroadfan...fan

ns shoo fly

Unread post by thomas »

ns is putting in a shoo fly near mp 430 ( capitol ave) in mishawaka, so they can start the new underpass...if esprrfan comes on he can give some better details on track speed and how long the detour will be in place

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Re: ns shoo fly

Unread post by justalurker66 »

The road (Elm Rd/Capitol Ave) will be closed until October 22nd. source Two weeks to go from track on dirt to a large bridge is ambitious. I've seen smaller bridges put in place within a couple of weeks, but the bridges were staged nearby and ready to go. I don't recall seeing a bridge staged nearby when I drove through the work area last Saturday.

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob46580 »

I believe the road will be open in 2 weeks, but only over a new temporary at grade crossing possibly rerouting it away from the work area.

esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by esprrfan »

Went by it tonight the west end looks about ready to cut in, eastend still needs a bit more work. At first I'd expect 10-20mph the first day or so then 25 once its all "settled" I'd expect the restriction to be about 40 tops. Thats how it worked when they built a new bridge over the turnpike at RD99 east of Cleveland and at RD 103 but those "shoo fly" became permanent going over the replacement new bridges, that being said I would totally expect the route @430 to be returned once the bridge is in.

BIG AMISH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BIG AMISH »

Trains have shifted to new tracks and bridge construction should start soon.

esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by esprrfan »

40 mph