Where is Dana Indiana?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Where is Dana Indiana?

Unread post by redside20 »

An expansion is taking place here in a joint venture with a Cargill subsidiary Agrex and Ag Horizons. Article states that rail willl benefit from this.
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/ne ... p?ID=48980
I think this is on a CSX line
Exit stage left

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Where is Dana Indiana?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

redside20 wrote:Where is Dana Indiana?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dana+indiana+map
According to rrpicturearchives.net's traffic density map,yes, that's CSX. Very minor line through Dana, but busier line just east of there through Montezuma.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

railroadfan wrote:
redside20 wrote:Where is Dana Indiana?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dana+indiana+map
According to rrpicturearchives.net's traffic density map,yes, that's CSX. Very minor line through Dana, but busier line just east of there through Montezuma.
Ah yes i was just looking the line over and Dana appears to be near the Illinois border. Thanks Zack..Looks the line through here is about to get a little busier
Exit stage left

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Fomer B&O Spring Field Line. Abandoned between Indy and Hillsdale, save for a small section near Roachdale, IN to serve a grain elevator off the former Monon. End of the line is Decatur.

CSX has been putting money into the line west of Chrisman, IL where a 6 axle locomotive restriction exists. New ties, rails, and bridges. Decatur is home to a large ADM plant.

I want to say that the elevator in Dana might have the last T6 left running? Either that or the first one built? Its in one of those towns out there, can't remember which one off hand. Traffic between Chrisman and Hillsdale is very sparse, though recently unit ethanol trains have been running out of Decatur. Traffic dried up when the Vermillion Valley coal mine (located at the end of track on the NYC north of Chrisman) hit bottom and shut down back in like 2006 or 2007.

Practice Safe CSX

AlcoGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AlcoGuy »

The Alco T-6 #1017 over in Dana not only was the last T-6 built, it is also the last locomotive ever produced by Alco, part of a 2 unit order for the Newburgh&Southshore in January of 1969. Arkansas&Missouri still runs at least 6 T-6s of Nickel Plate heritage, as well as a few other roads. This loco is due to be replaced, if it hasn't been already, due to being a bit under powered for the heavy trains loaded there. ( 1000hp). However, Cargill is well aware of the historical significance of this locomotive and is a corporate policy that it will be preserved once they are done with it. THANK GOODNESS. The LAST product ever constucted by the mighty American Locomotive Company will be saved.

AlcoGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AlcoGuy »

Correction to the above post. Arkansas&Missouri's T6s are of Norfolk&Western heritage not Nickel Plate.