New Scrap dealer in Indy

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

New Scrap dealer in Indy

Unread post by redside20 »

Exit stage left

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Re: New Scrap dealer in Indy

Unread post by CSX_CO »

"Trinity is an international wholesaler, processor and trading company specializing in purchasing, processing and selling non-ferrous metals, specialty metals and e-scrap. The property will be the new headquarter facility for Trinity."

Anyone know how much of this stuff goes via rail? My guess is that its not a lot. I take it they recycle computers, TV's etc?

Also, I'm pretty sure the "Kroger Hill" trackage that they located on is either long OOS or even has been petitioned for abandonment. Ford had a plant up there that closed a couple of years ago. Not long after I saw a bulletin stating CSX was filing for abandonment of at least part of the track up in that complex.

At least its good to see a large facility such as that being reused for another industry, verses torn down and left to nature.

On the flip side, Omni-Source has a strong presence in the Circle City (buying up the little guys), with 3 separate facilities which recycle out your more traditional scrap: steel, aluminum, copper, etc. They built a large facility out near Raymond St/Airport Expressway, that can probably load out 30 gondolas at a time. Their other facilities are much smaller in out put, maybe 5 cars or so. Not sure if the Oliver St. plant still gets rail service after Transfer Yard was closed or not. They were for a time.

Practice Safe CSX