Marion Branch - Changes Coming UPDATE 2/9/11

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Marion Branch - Changes Coming UPDATE 2/9/11

Unread post by rob46580 »

I don't know if it is anything to get excited about yet, but 3 grade crossings have utilities marked by them in New Paris. Can not tell why as of yet, guess time will tell.

Beal99
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Beal99 »

Marion Branch in the AM for me and my buddy, someone keep me updated!!

Beal99
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Beal99 »

we got skunked, only one southbound all day on saturday, and not until 4 pm. Annoying.

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

I was out by Ligonier decoding CP 397 for ATCS and caught CP 412 out there a few times, seemed like it got busier after 4 then too...

Chris7092
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chris7092 »

rob46580 wrote:I was out by Ligonier decoding CP 397 for ATCS and caught CP 412 out there a few times, seemed like it got busier after 4 then too...
I'd be intersted to get some of your updated MCP info if you wouldn't mind sharing it with me, ever been to Butler and Waterloo? Those are an ATCS nightmare!

Chris
Ft. Wayne, IN

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Scott Givens should be getting an update out soon if he has not already(edited to add that he did indeed post updated kit), layout will need some minor adjustments too, We never saw it coming that the block between these 2 mcps would have 1 track on 1 mcp and the other on the other mcp.
If you ever plan on going near Speicherville area long enough to see a few trains in each direction, i really need someone to confirm its not possible to decode accurately, all works fine when a train goes by in one direction, then one goes by other way and leaves a mess behind when in fact there is nothing between the mcp's, everything besides the main and siding works great, but those between N and S Speicher baffle me. If you are wanting to head there and you dont have the mcp info let me know, and also i will send the Ligonier mcps if they are not out in group yet. private message me with your email and sometime this weekend I will send, I think I work saturday morning and have a side job saturday afternoon, but will eventually settle down and relax and hope to get my layout fixed for 397 and 395.
The fun part of 397 was not far from my house I was picking up "chirps" with errors , and I live maybe 4 miles east of CP 21 on the Marion Branch, so I head by it on way to 397 since my main goal was to get up and check on it, before I got to Syracuse i had 3 indications of K11, then only errors near town on way through, by the time I come out of town i got a few more indications along with K12, within 2 hours I had everything logged and mostly decoded except 2WG, did not catch it on a short return trip either, but have a pretty strong feeling what it is.
Last edited by rob46580 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

On another note more related to this thread, A rail train was parked in Leesburg siding all day today, I think maybe just cleaning up as rail looked to be worn/used. The section of rail laying along old 15 just north of Leesburg was still there today too, But could be gone tomorrow if this is indeed a cleanup.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Any current update as to the status of new signals on the Marion Branch?

:?:
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

No signs of anything from Warsaw north.Have not been south in a while but heard nothing so far, might try to take a drive that way and see if anything is new soon if I have time.

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

For anyone who visits the northern end the bridge south of Milford on old 15 is back open.

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Last 2 days NS signal crew has been working in the CP 19 area, but looks like so far nothing around for replacements! Hopefully just updating everything and soon ATCS will be added. Or maybe some major trouble with it, not sure the limits, but i know CP 19 has been in hand throw and signal system out of service last few days. Lots of slow trains from milford to Warsaw....

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

rob46580 wrote:Lots of slow trains from milford to Warsaw....
Well on the plus side, southbounds are still chase-able with time to get set up for a good shot in Warsaw, even with that terrible traffic snarl they have going on SR15. What a mess.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Thanks for the updates, we may head out that way this weekend. Had great luck last time we were out that way...what time has 13K been running?

CG Tower

rob46580 wrote:Last 2 days NS signal crew has been working in the CP 19 area, but looks like so far nothing around for replacements! Hopefully just updating everything and soon ATCS will be added. Or maybe some major trouble with it, not sure the limits, but i know CP 19 has been in hand throw and signal system out of service last few days. Lots of slow trains from milford to Warsaw....
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Well, this week everything has been running at odd times, I think I even heard 311 in the early evening somewhere wednesday, but this might be due to the signal testing, since they try hard to give the signal people a shot at finishing it. Otherwise I can not say. There is a 142 running now, 174 and 175 are back, 144 now uses Claypool connection I hear and 143 heads through Marion. I can not keep track anymore,lol

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Do we know (more or less) what happened? I know back in late Winter when we were out there they had a track light on around the same area that tripped up 13K a bit....similar issues?

CG Tower
rob46580 wrote:Well, this week everything has been running at odd times, I think I even heard 311 in the early evening somewhere wednesday, but this might be due to the signal testing, since they try hard to give the signal people a shot at finishing it. Otherwise I can not say. There is a 142 running now, 174 and 175 are back, 144 now uses Claypool connection I hear and 143 heads through Marion. I can not keep track anymore,lol
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

No, not sure, but just a bit ago track light was on for the siding again, so must not have fixed it.
An odd thing too, those ATCS antenna masts and bases are gone, but it looks like the banding holding the bases to skid is laying there, unsure if they will reappear there or left for elsewhere.
Elkharts been holding trains out on atleast the Marion Dist. a few told to cut crossings and cab on the way over weekend....